Position Title: Web Developer (Drupal Development)
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Job classification: General Staff/ G-7
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 873,739.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Web Developer and overall supervision of the Head of Media Communications Division´s (MCD) Online Communications Unit, and in close coordination with the Head of Communications of the UN Network on Migration, the successful candidate will be responsible to work on the development to upgrade and ensure the technical technical maintenance of the UN Migration Network website.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Autonomously develop high-quality code based on Drupal Best Practices.
- Collaborate with project managers, designers, front-end developer, and other Drupal developers, to deliver Drupal solutions.
- Write and keep up-to-date comprehensive documentation of Drupal platforms.
- Monitor the platform and verify that it is always running the latest secure code and custom code is thoroughly security tested.
- Stay up to date with the latest best practices in the field of Drupal Development.
- Ensure that the agreed deliverables with the assigned project or projects are timely delivered.
- Contribute to design and code walk-through for review and incorporate feedback into design and code artefacts, addressing issues and bugs as adequate.
- Develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high sustainability, reusability, and maintainability.
- Other development related tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Drupal development (at least two years) and 7 years of professional experience in web development and/or related field.
- Ability to integrate large scale systems or third party-products;
- A track record of delivering high-quality, Drupal-based solutions in a timely and effective manner;
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in Drupal development and delivery, web front-end and back-end development tools and techniques and software security
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via IOM Philippines jobsite not later than 11 December 2022 with reference code VN 103/2022 – Web Developer (Drupal Development).
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-1032022-vn-1032022-web-developer-g-7-manila-global-administrative-centre-mac
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.