Open to Internal and External Candidates (1 position)
Position Title: SQL Database and PowerBI Analyst, (Regional Data Medical Analyst)
Duty Station: San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification : General Service, G7
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term with possibilities of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: March 14, 2023
Reference Code: VN2023/017SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the supervision of the Migration Health Processing Officer and close coordination with the Medical Data Reports Coordinator in IOM El Salvador and technical advisory of Migration Health Informatics Team in Manila, the SQL Database and PowerBI Analyst is responsible for developing, enhancing and managing migration health databases, reports and dashboards for stakeholders and regional health coordination units. The incumbent shall support the team in implementing the migration health data warehouse, being the main source of information for MHD periodic data validation, statistical reporting and publication, operational performance analysis, health profiling and indicators monitoring. The incumbent shall play a major role in providing modern data science and business intelligence (BI), data analysis and presentation tools (dashboards) for use by MHD Regional reporting, IOM missions in Latin America and Caribbean and USRAP partners.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Perform extract, transform and load (ETL) procedures mainly using MS SQL and/or MS PowerBI MDX that are required to generate and periodically update the various validation and reporting databases
• Automate and document medical data validation and reporting mechanisms using optimized MS SQL database queries, views and jobs
• Develop MS PowerBI reports and dashboards for use of global, regional, country and other stakeholders to monitor data quality and data validation issues and to report health indicators, measures and statistics
• Ensure that the data pipelines and databases are organized, efficient and reliable
• Closely work with the statistical and data validation assistants in monitoring and management of validation and reporting databases and dashboards
• Participate in tasks related to designing, developing, testing, and implementing a migration health data warehouse, including dimensional data models that address MHD reporting needs
• Perform ETL procedures required to generate and periodically update the MHD data warehouse content
• Support MHI team in use of data science, analysis and business intelligence (BI) tools for the generation of advanced, web-based reports and dashboards aimed at operational performance analysis, secondary health data analysis and population group health profile analysis.
• Generate PowerBI tools and dashboards for different audiences, such as management, medical staff, health assessment programme, external partners and the public in general.
• Optimize and document existing MS Report Server web reports and develop new reports as requested by field operations, regional offices and headquarters.
• Develop and enhance data presentation tools or applications and integrate these tools into MHD reporting or application platforms
• Work closely with MHI Manager, Migration Health Data Analyst, and MHI Officer to provide inputs and keep abreast of development in MHI systems used for HAPs reporting, including Mimosa, UKTB, JIMS, LIMS, iHAP, MedStock and other data sources of health assessment programmes.
• Liaise directly with regional offices, missions and field operations about requests for data and statistical report generation.
• Any other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
• University degree in Information Technology, Medical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience;
• Certifications related to database administration and/or reporting is preferable.
• Minimum seven years of relevant experience in database, data warehouse and data-driven application architecture design, development and implementation;
• Extensive experience in the use of MS SQL Server in writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures involving multiple tables, and creating indexed views to facilitate data manipulation and manage data storage
• Experience in the use of PowerBI, MDX query, and DAX expressions, in designing, implementing data security and managing reports and dashboards for regular data monitoring
• Hands-on knowledge of MS Reporting Services is an asset
• Experience in data management and analysis using Stata, R, Python, Jupyter Notebooks and MS Azure Synapse Analytics an advantage
• Work experience or consulting with government agencies or international health agencies highly desirable and experience as co-investigator for public health or medical research/statistical projects an advantage;
• Proven skills in Business Intelligence systems and tools, such as MS PowerBI and DAX or Excel PowerPivot, and the development of data-driven applications and data presentation tools;
• Manipulation of data in various formats, reporting from complex databases; knowledge and experience on health assessment data and indicators, understanding of statistical principles necessary for data analysis would be an advantage;
• Knowledge of statistical principles, methods and software packages and data analysis preferably with a special focus on health and demographics;
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as effective communication, documentation, and independent writing skills.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards ofconduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by March 14, 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for – The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English. – Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration. – Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered. – This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country. – The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 28.02.2023 to 14.03.2023