Open to Internal and External Candidates
Operations Assistant (Compliance)
General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment:
One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date:
As soon as possible
January 18 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations Units in various IOM Country Offices, coordinated under the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters (HQ), are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the Movement Operations Officer and the direct supervision of the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings), the Operations Assistant (Compliance) is responsible for undertaking compliance activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake compliance activities in an assigned area or areas, such as project monitoring and evaluation, training, youth services, project reporting, project support and/or protection.
- Provide administrative assistance in monitoring and evaluation activities, including assisting with administering surveys, interviews and focus groups and assisting with logistical activities related to preparing for surveys, interviews and focus groups.
- Assist with the logistical aspects of staff training sessions that others are facilitating, including such tasks as preparing training materials, reserving and preparing the training venue, organizing necessary IT and other equipment, organizing supplies and refreshments for training session participants and assisting with logistical details during training sessions.
- Provide support to the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings) in relation to a wide range of special projects serving all pillars of Movement Operations in the Region as well as Movement Operations management and IOM Units that are outside of, but support, Movement Operations activities. In relation to project reporting, assist as needed with compiling information for reports and distributing reports within IOM Guatemala for internal use.
- Update relevant databases with compliance-related content, particularly in relation to services for vulnerable beneficiaries as overseen by the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings). Assist in performing quality checks (QC) of compliance-related data in relevant databases while proactively bringing to the attention of supervisors any compliance-related data issues.
- Provide regular reports on the work being accomplished to supervisors and team members.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- University degree in business administration/management, economics, statistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of working experience,
- Completed secondary (high school) education with five years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in office/business administration, customer service, record keeping, compliance, monitoring and evaluation, clerical duties, etc.
- Experience in creating and maintaining computer and paper files.
- Prior experience with tools used of data collection is preferred.
- Prior experience as a trainer or facilitator, working with youth or on protection-related issues is a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Spanish
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer/software literate with good knowledge in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Attention to detail and ability to organize.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] by January 18, 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.