Open to Internal and External Candidates
Senior Operations Assistant (Data Processing)
General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment
One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
November 30, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments andmigrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations Units in various IOM Country Offices, coordinated under the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters (HQ), are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the Movement Operations Manager and the direct supervision of the Operations Associate, Data Processing, the Senior Operations Assistant (Data Processing), is responsible for undertaking data processing activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Oversee a team or teams of up to a total of eight staff members recording demographic and biographic information in MiMOSA upon receipt of the request for travel and confirming receipt to third parties, such as an embassy or Resettlement Support Center (RSC). Support staff development processes such as hiring, providing training, assigning duties and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and the accurate completion of data processing activities.
2. Oversee Data Processing team members as they manage, secure, and account for travel documents in accordance with the local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Ensure team members are undertaking secure storage of documentation and data in accordance with IOM principles and guidelines and that all the necessary measures to guarantee limited access to physical files are taken.
3. Oversee Data Processing team members in processing exit permits and travel documents in close coordination with supervisors and other IOM colleagues; this may include direct communication with beneficiaries in relation to required documentation in accordance with SOPs.
4. Ensure staff members prepare all travel documentation required for the exit process and submit to relevant authorities for approval, following up on exit permit requests and clearances in a timely manner.
5. Oversee the issuance and timely dispatch of travel documents with Operations colleagues, from booking notifications to logistical assistance, with exit processes closely coordinated.
6. Oversee the preparation of all travel-ready documentation for transfer to Field Support colleagues in collaboration and coordination with supervisors while ensuring the travel bag has all necessary documentation to depart the country.
7. Oversee the preparation of reports on the receipt of documentation to time of service delivery; inform management of possible issues which need attention and suggest corrective actions. Report to management any problems encountered like denials of exit permits, reasons for such denials and possible solutions.
8. Oversee the preparation of regular data mining reports in order to ensure that MiMOSA is up-to- date, accurate and maintains the integrity of relevant Movement Operations projects.
9. Under the close supervision of the Operations Associate, Data Processing, liaise as needed with other teams and units in IOM COUNTRY and with external partners such as airport and government authorities, relevant embassies, and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Operations Associate, Data Processing, and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
10. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA.)
11. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Operations Associate, Data Processing or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
· Six years of working experience with secondary [high school] education, OR
· Four years of working experience with bachelor’s degree.
· Prior Movement Operations, transportation-related and/or management experience a strong advantage.
· Experience in creating and maintaining computer and paper files.
· Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
· Thorough knowledge of English and Spanish
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet; past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (MiMOSA) is a distinct advantage.
· Attention to detail and ability to organize.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
· Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results produce and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by by November 30, 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For Salary information please refer to the following link:
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 11.11.2022 to 30.11.2022