Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Operations Associate (Movements)
Duty Station: El Salvador
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G7
Type of Appointment:One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
Closing Date:November 30, 2022
Reference Code:VN2022/042 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations Units in various IOM Country Offices, coordinated under the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters (HQ), are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Operations, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the direct supervision of the Movement Operations Manager, the Operations Associate (Movements) is responsible for supervising movement activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Oversee team leader-headed teams of up to a total of 16 staff members coordinating, scheduling and booking travel upon receipt of a travel-ready status and/or request in accordance with travel requirements, including but not limited to the distribution of Advance Booking Notifications (ABNs), updates, domestic flights, cancellations and departure notifications. Support staff development processes such as hiring, providing training, assigning duties and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and the accurate completion of movements activities.
- Oversee the organization and completion of all bookings in a timely manner and in accordance with the Handbook of IOM Tariffs (HIT) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) from the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM).
- Ensure compliance with program-specific SOPs for different migrant types and other modes of travel by air, land or sea. Supervise the distribution of travel information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee Movements team members as they compile and analyze descriptive statistics, using I-GATOR to capture costs and prepare travel loan paperwork as specified in SOPs and in accordance with host government’s procedures. Ensure paperwork is accurate and timely. Certify vendor-incurred costs and verify charges for beneficiary movements; capture costs in the movement cost report, monitor cost settlement and transfer to financial accounting.
- Oversee the creation of movement data files, by ABN, for all individuals in accordance with SOPs and for IOM accountability.
- In accordance with local practices and RMM guidelines and standards, and in close coordination with supervisors, oversee Movements team members as they identify and assign escorts to accompany vulnerable individuals.
- Oversee identity and document verification prior to the distribution of travel documentation to refugees, immigrants and migrants.
- Oversee pre-departure counselling on pre-embarkation procedures and special needs during travel (such as meals, medication, wheelchairs and medical conditions) as needed. Identify beneficiary vulnerabilities and coordinate appropriate action to ensure they are addressed.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Movement Operations Manager and keep informed of issues that arise.
- Train Movements team members as needed to efficiently and effectively manage their work, conduct quality assurance, and to monitor and guide other staff members and activities.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA).
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Movement Operations Manager or the Head of Operations of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- Seven years of working experience with secondary [high school] education, OR – Five years of working experience with bachelor’s degree.
- Prior Movement Operations, transportation-related and/or management experience a strong advantage. – Experience in creating and maintaining computer and paper files. – Experience working in a multi-cultural setting. – Prior experience in supervisory roles is required.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Spanish
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet; past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA and SAR) is a distinct advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of the AMADEUS platform is required.
- Attention to detail and ability to organize.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. – Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. – Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. – Delivering results produce and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. – Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate. – Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. – Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by by November 30, 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For Salary information please refer to the following link:
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 11.11.2022 to 30.11.2022