The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the UN Migration Agency. With 174 member states it is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. Established in 1951 and now active in over 400 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to:
- Assist in meeting the operational challenges of migration and mobility
- Advance understanding of migration issues
- Encourage social and economic development through migration; and
- Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants and mobile populations.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
IOM’s Regional Office for the East and Horn of Africa supports and monitors the following countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Through a team of specialists, the Regional Office supports the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects and initiatives undertaken by country offices and regional programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Quality Management & Compliance Officer and the direct supervision of the National Radiology Officer the successful candidate will provide Teleradiology Center users the following services:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
1. Timely and properly upload the CXR image of cases bound to Canada, Australia, and New Zealand cases send from panel sites for Teleradiology chest x-ray reading and submitting to eMedical website.
2. Provide identification checking of the CXRs of immigrants and refugees sent to the Teleradiology Center for reading before uploading the image to eMedical to prevent substitution.
3. Provide quick and real-time support to the assigned field country operations using the Teleradiology service through live chat methods and emails for providing general support to the Teleradiology service, information communication on the daily caseload, fast notification of status of cases, correcting chest x-ray bio-data errors, guiding the staff on standard bio-data formats, and coordinating any related issues for reporting purposes.
4. Coordinate with the Teleradiology systems administrators for cases which need system checking and require actions in the Teleradiology systems.
5. Notify the assigned Teleradiology Radiologists when image uploading is complete so that the Radiologists will submit the chest x-ray reports to eMedical system; assist the IOM Teleradiology Radiologist in copying the X-ray reports to eMedical, when required.
6. Ensure all the chest x-rays send from the field operations are read and submitted to the system by checking the data in the Teleradiology systems and eMedical and following up with the respective Radiologists or field operations as required.
7. Prepare the daily summary of statistical reports on chest x-ray readings and eMedical submissions, send the reports to the field operations by email daily, and file the records in Teleradiology Center accordingly.
8. Undertake Daily update of correct records/files in shared folders with complete bio-data in a timely manner.
9. Coordinate with the staff in IOM Teleradiology Center, Migration Health Support unit and Teleradiology support colleagues when necessary, for getting more information and assisting others.
10. Scan, photocopy and file medical documents as required.
11. Provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as be a “stand-by” focal person on a rotation basis as may be requested.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
How to apply
Submit cover letter indicating the Position Title & Vacancy Notice Number (VN No.), and CV with telephone and e-mail contacts including 3 Referees (Supervisors) to: IOM, RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail to email@example.com
Closing Date: 26 December 2022
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted. Click here to access the Vacancy Notice.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process, or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
Posting period: From 13.12.2022 to 26.12.2022