360- Degree Health Systems Development Initiative (360HSDI) is a nonprofit organization specialized in supporting real-time efforts addressing challenges for the vulnerable populace in developing countries. We work in emergency environments and in humanitarian settings, carrying out interventions with a host of partners and actors on the field to yield the best possible outcomes. We are especially passionate about working in the most hard-to-reach and underserved communities, where we are most likely to find the most vulnerable. Our primary target populations are women, children, youths, and people living with disabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor – M&E
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Contract
- The Technical Advisor: M&E will lead the project team in the development and implementation of an M&E system for the State Accountability, Transparency and Citizen Engagement Project and oversee routine program monitoring activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance on the improvement of PHC management systems
- Identify gaps in the health and well-being of the population and community to inform health policies and decision making
- Develop and implement HSS plans on Governance and Accountability performance systems, M&E and Health Information systems for improved health service delivery in the state
- Assist in developing and monitoring work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Overall monitoring and analysis of the program environment and advise on timely readjustments of strategies and activities.
- Identify new areas of support and facilitate implementation of new initiatives.
- Close communication with all stakeholders and promotion of 360HSDI’s mandate; provide recommendations and program/policy advice based on results.
- Maintain existing partnerships and expand 360HSDI’s network of strategic partners through collaborative efforts, liaising with government and civil society counterparts.
- Organize and participate as a resource person in advocacy meetings, roundtables, training workshops and other meetings related to the project’s implementing area.
- Prepare, review, analyze, and evaluate project-related reports, documents and assist with maintaining a database relevant project-related information.
- Represent the project in technical forums at field level.
- Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application and quarterly review report writing and presentation.
- Ensure various donor specific financial management principles are followed accordingly.
- Provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual project performance reviews.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Public Health or related field of study; Master’s Degree preferred with 4 years’ experience
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of current health development, M&E, GIS, organizational learning, and impact evaluation assessment trends, debates, methodologies, and resources is desirable.
- Previous experience in developing and implementing quality improvement systems.
- Strong analytical, advocacy and program planning skills required.
- Excellent data analysis, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, databases and statistical applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and facilitation of training activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a native language.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email, e.g “Technical Advisor – M&E”.