**Position Title: Supply Chain Assistant Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC) Job classification: General Staff, Ungraded Type of Appointment: Special short-term Closing date: 02 October 2022 Salary: Php 50,000.00 per month net of taxes (all inclusive salary)
Context** Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Supply Chain Unit (SCU) and the direct supervision of the Manila Supply Chain Unit (MSCU) Procurement Support Team Leader, the MSCU Supply Chain Assistant will provide support to Missions worldwide including the Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) and IOM Headquarters by providing assistance in the end-to-end procurement of various goods and services for IOM Operations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for carrying out the following:
- Plan procurement actions for assigned projects, some of which are highly complex: a) Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, obtain additional information and or documentation as required, provide assistance to requisitioners in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services; b) Prepare and finalize Source Selection Plan for complex purchases; c) Post tender requirement in the IOM and UNGM websites for formal solicitations; d) Produce tender documents (e.g. Invitation to bids, Request for Proposals and Request for Quotations) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Compile and present procurement data for presentations and/or report monitoring: a) Follow up with sections to expedite the process of technical evaluation; b) Submit upon initial screening technical proposals to the requisitioner or the BEAC for technical evaluation; c) Prepare and analyse abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which vendor could deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible; d) Prepare presentations for review and clearance by the GPSU Head and present to GPSU Compliance Review in respect of all proposed contract awards exceeding the GPSU’s authority, and obtain recommendation for approval from the MAC Director.
- Draft and issue Contracts; and post-award financial management a) Draft Purchase Orders, Supply and Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Amendment to the Contracts and POs, Prepare Statement of Awards, Ensure that Contracts/PO are timely renewed; b) Resolve issues/problems related to delivered goods / rendered services, including discrepancies between contracts/purchase orders and articles received; prepare, sign and return to vendor forms for unacceptable services and/or goods received; c) Monitor POs and contracts including follow up actions and follow up for timely delivery of goods and services. Raise Change Order if required; d) Liaise permanently with the rest of the Procurement Units in order to ensure that contracts/ purchase orders are timely renewed; and follow up with requisitioner for completeness and submission of vendor performance report after completion of the order / contract and take appropriate action; e) Maintain relevant internal database and files, keeps track of any contractual agreements and informs respective contract management officials and end users of contractual rights and obligations, monitor deadlines (e.g. delivery dates, expiry dates, renewal dates, etc.) taking appropriate and timely action to ensure timely delivery.
- Identify new vendors for registration and inclusion in the roster for an enhanced competitiveness and benefit from opportunities for long-term agreements.
- Serve as point of contact and liaison with UN staff and other stakeholders for procurement and other logistical matters. Effectively use the Organization’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to generate procurement related reports and suitable data required for procurement reporting.
- Prepare procurement monitoring reports and documents as required.
- Prepare Request for Payment for submission to Accounts Payable Unit for processing of payment to vendors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with 3 years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Specialized trainings on procurement and logistics an advantage.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible professional experience in procurement, administrative services or related area is required.
- At least three years of professional experience in procurement, contract management, or a related area, within the UN common system or in an international public organization, is desirable.
- Experience working with an ERP system in the area of purchasing and/or supply chain is desirable.
- A professional certification by an internationally recognized procurement certification authority such as CIPS (level 2 certificate or equivalent) is desirable.
- Proficiency in SAP, MS Office applications such as Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of other applications such as PowerPoint and Visio is desirable.
How to apply
Interested applicants may send their applications to hrmanila (at) iom.int no later than 02 October 2022. Reference code and Position Title (DR 040/2022 – Supply Chain Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/dr-0402022-dr-0402022-supply-chain-assistant-ungraded-manila-global-administrative-centre
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, disability status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.