Hardship Level: H (no hardship)
Family Type: Family
Family Type: Family
Residential location (if applicable): Grade: GS6
Staff Member / Affiliate Type: General Service
Reason: Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted: No
Target Start Date: 2023-03-09-08:00
Job Posting End Date: March 23, 2023
Standard Job Description: Supply Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Supply Associate manages and supports all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, assets & fleet management and monitoring within the area of responsibility.
The incumbent is supervised by a higher level supply position and receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on successive steps. The incumbent may supervise some staff in the office. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the incumbent is to support and monitor the supply activities assigned to him/her within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of the available resources.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to the operational needs and regularly update the information in UNHCR IT systems
- Apply UNHCR’s sourcing & procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services. Update the information in UNHCR IT systems. Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders, and assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations, prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence, and monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting operations, HQ entities and others, as applicable.
- Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate and promote UNHCR’s global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
In the Regional Bureaux:
- Track the progress of specific operations and provide guidance that ensures timely implementation.
- Assist in coaching and advising individuals as requested.
- Track global Supply KPIs for the region and assist in devising regional ones, as required.
- Monitor all periodic Supply exercises such as monthly reconciliations, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure procedures and ensure that they are implemented throughout the region and provide relevant reports to senior managers.
- Assist country operations in MSRP management.
- Support the analysis of country financial reports and work with the Country Operations Supply Team leaders to address red areas relating to Supply aspects of operations.
- Support the country needs assessment plans and assist in combining them into regional procurement plans and monitor their timely implementation and changes based on operational needs.
- Support the work of the Regional Contracts Committee (RCC) through e.g. compiling and checking documents for RCC meetings, taking minutes, communicating decisions.
In the Country Operations:
- Ensure local liaison with partners to effectively support the supply activities.
- Manage storage of goods according to \ best practices\ and UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Coordinate supply activities of UNHCR Partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation including receipt, inspection, registration & marking of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), organisation of the physical verification of PPE, ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed, and preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board, and organise the disposal of PPE according to Asset Management Board decisions.
Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Trade, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing
or a related field
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Essential: Desirable: Other UN procurement and logistics training ‘ such as IAPSO and UNPD.
SC-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile: Eligibility
This position is open to applications from internal and external candidates, provided that requirements regarding professional experience, academic qualifications, language, etc. are fulfilled.
TO THE ATTENTION OF EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: External Candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and must have either Polish citizenship or the legal status necessary to work in Poland. Your application will NOT be considered if; – The application form is not duly filled. – The residence/work permit not submitted (for non-Polish candidates)
UNHCR’s workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. We seek to sustain and strengthen this diversity and to ensure equal opportunities, as well as an inclusive working environment, for our entire workforce. Joining us means living, sharing and promoting these core values of inclusion, diversity and gender equality.
Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
UNHCR reserves the right to retain applications and consider external candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNHCR at the same grade or lower level and with similar job descriptions, experience, and educational requirements for the appointment of a shorter duration (Temporary Appointment).
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted. Remuneration & Benefits
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. The monthly net salary is between PLN 8,161 and PLN 9,965 depending on relevant experience, dependency status and language proficiency. For more information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the Office of HR Management of United Nations.
UNHCR also offers comprehensive medical insurance and pension plans.
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):: ,
Desired languages: ,
Operational context: Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:: Please visit https://www.cdc.gov/travel
Nature of Position:: Poland’s eastern borders with Belarus, the Russian Federation and Ukraine serve as the European Union’s external boundaries. The country currently hosts over 1 million refugees from Ukraine, in addition to a smaller number of asylum seekers and refugees from different countries.
UNHCR has been in Poland for 30 years (since 1992), working with national authorities on refugee-related matters. With the Ukraine emergency, UNHCR has substantially scaled up its presence and operations. It currently has a Country Office and Frontex Liaison Office in Warsaw, two Field Offices in Warsaw and Lublin and two Sub-Offices in Rzeszow and Krakow, with a workforce of nearly 140 national and international staff.
The overarching principles guiding UNHCR’s strategy in Poland include: i) localization and centrality of protection, ii) strengthening national systems, avoiding duplication and rationalizing the Refugee Coordination Model (RCM) so that it serves the purpose efficiently and iii) capitalizing on the Global Compact for Refugees (GCR) paradigms to advance the rights of refugees and stateless persons in Poland.
As the UN-mandated agency to provide international protection to refugees, UNHCR leads the refugee coordination structure in support of the Government-led response, with the aim to complement, support and strengthen the national response to the refugee crisis, along with ensuring no duplication of interventions and complementarity of action.
About the position: The duty of the incumbent is to support, implement and monitor procurement activities assigned within the area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of the available resources. Duties include but not limited to the below: – In compliance with procurement rules and procedures, support the related procurement activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
– Apply UNHCR’s sourcing & procurement strategy when planning and/or purchasing commodities and services.
– Liaise with relevant clients, prepare short, mid and long-term procurement plans.
– Examine purchase requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters when necessary.
– Prepare and issue Requests for Quotation as well as formal tender documents, when and if required.
– Actively support Evaluation Committees within the area of responsibility AoR .
– Produce bid tabulations and prepare Purchase Orders for approval.
– Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
– Liaise with relevant suppliers and address inquiries within the AoR.
– Provide information on all procurement activities within the AoR.
– Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting operations as applicable.
– Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on procurement activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
– Compile statistical information on procurement related matters that will assist in decision making.
– Administer contracts set up at country level and update the vendor performance evaluation in consultation with the Contract Manager
– Ensure vendor information are accurately encoded in the Enterprise Resource Planning (MSRP);
– Contribute to the elaboration of the procurement plan for UNHCR Poland Operation
Living and Working Conditions:: Additional Qualifications: Skills
Business Administration – Other, Economics – Other, HCR Learning Program – UNHCR, HCR Supply Chain Learning Program – UNHCR, IAPSO/UNDP Procurement – Other, Logistics – Other, Marketing – OtherWork Experience
Supply/ProcurementCompetencies: Accountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Managing resource, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Teamwork & collaboration
UNHCR Salary Calculator: https://icsc.un.org/Home/SalaryScales
Compendium: Additional Information: Functional clearance: This position doesn’t require a functional clearance