Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Manager, Nigeria Monitoring Project
Requisition ID: 21600000830
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organization: 216 MSI
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA).
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for BHA programs in Nigeria that will increase BHA and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- The information and findings will be critical in ensuring program learning, program accountability, and beneficiary accountability, which will contribute to real time programmatic adjustments and future program design.
- The Strategic Information Manager (SIM) will provide technical advice, assistance, and guidance to the program office, technical teams, and implementing partners on the Mission’s monitoring and evaluation activities for the Abuja and Maiduguri offices.
- The SIM will oversee the assembling, synthesis, and communication of technical information to BHA and its implementing partners.
- The SIM will lead the organization of knowledge-sharing events internally or externally with BHA and implementing partners and will play a significant role in helping to manage all datasets, data systems, and workflows.
- They will lead the drafting, editing, and quality control of Third-Party Monitoring reports, studies, and other NMP reporting deliverables.
- The position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
- Develop resources to create, capture, organize, translate, share, and apply knowledge to improve utilization of NMP’s monitoring findings.
- Provide advice to NMP management on data collection and reporting methodologies and potential systemic flaws.
- Provide strategic leadership for the growth of knowledge management in collaboration with the NMP team.
- Advise NMP dashboard developers on the dashboard’s information and display requirements.
- Work with the DCOP, COP, and the data team to ensure that monitoring, evaluation, and learning information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes.
- Lead analysis and higher-level contextual analysis as required by the NMP.
- Produce monthly and quarterly statistical and analysis reports.
- Respond to routine and ad hoc information inquiries.
- Perform data quality control reviews during the drafting of reports.
- Assist in the creation and review of NMP data collection instruments and data collection plans.
- Support the development of systems that produce consistent, cost-effective, reliable, and timely data and reports.
- Lead the development of products to disseminate findings, conclusions, and recommendations in a format that is user-friendly and suitable for collaboration, learning, and adaptation.
- Assist the DCOP and COP with other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Economics, Political Science, International Development, Social Sciences, Statistics or related fields is required. A Master’s Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional-level experience in information management of donor-funded projects (e.g., USAID, DFID, etc.) or related sector program management and technical/monitoring and evaluation skills is required.
- Experience in strategic planning, design, and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze, and use data and share/communicate information with various actors in different environments is required.
- Experience with drafting technical reports required.
- Good facilitation and public speaking skills preferred.
- Experience with basic statistical packages, such as SPSS, and user knowledge of Excel required.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as communication, negotiation, representational and program/project management and coordination, time management, quantitative and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively with professionals is required.
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English is required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.