eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
- Experience 3 years
- Location Kano , Lagos
Summary of Job
- The Steward is responsible for all aspects of cleaning services of all EHA Clinics’ facility areas.
- The Steward works with the Operations Assistant to inventory and restocks all service items, linens, toiletries and other supplies necessary.
- S/he works together as a team to accomplish the task of maintaining a safe, efficient and enjoyable workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute daily maintenance of EHA Clinics facility areas such as vacuuming/shampooing carpets, dusting furniture, window washing, sweeping and mopping of room floors, restrooms sanitizing/cleaning, and trash removal.
- Performs various cleaning activities of assigned areas – Rooms, lobbies, and public areas and ensures assigned areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Maintains supplies and cleaning agents such as detergents, window cleaners, spot removers, deodorizers, and all other agents and supplies.
- General wipe down of all surfaces and handles, handling outside cleaning needs such as sweeping off walkways, spraying down the side of the building, and cleaning signs.
- Follows schedules and work assignments.
- Participates in meetings and discussions related to cleanliness.
- Ensures hygiene, health, and safety standards are met at all times.
- Presents a professional demeanour at all times.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes, and supervision.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Patient & Family Education/Support:
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated, and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and creative in making a decision.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations, and taking appropriate decisions
- EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD). The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note:
- Ensure continuing education, training and development are undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
Qualifications & Training
- Minimum of Secondary School education.
- Three years of job-related experience, preferably with a hospital or clinic.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic, and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail.
- Competitive salary scale based on improvements from the CONMESS and CONHESS salary structures as well as surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria.
- Salary is negotiable but performance-based. Base salary constitutes 70%, while 30% is a bonus based on predefined individual performance indicators and monthly organizational performance.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employees. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days of paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period.