Position Title: SQL Database and PowerBI Specialist
Job classification: G-7
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 873,739.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the supervision of the Migration Health Informatics (MHI) Manager and close coordination with the Migration Health Data Analyst and Migration Health Informatics Officer, and as member of the MHI business intelligence, data validation, analysis, and reporting team, the SQL Database and PowerBI Specialist is responsible for developing, enhancing and managing migration health databases, reports and dashboards for stakeholders — headquarters, regional health coordination units, field operations and partner organizations. The incumbent shall support the team in implementing the migration health data warehouse, being the main source of information for MHD periodic data validation, statistical reporting and publication, operational performance analysis, health profiling and indicators monitoring. The incumbent shall play a major role in providing modern data science and business intelligence (BI), data analysis and presentation tools (dashboards) for use by MHD global reporting, IOM missions, external partners and public audience.
Required Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Information Technology, Medical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience;
- Certifications related to database administration and/or reporting is preferable.
- Relevant experience in database, data warehouse and data-driven application architecture design, development and implementation;
- Extensive experience in the use of MS SQL Server in writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures involving multiple tables, and creating indexed views to facilitate data manipulation and manage data storage
- Experience in the use of PowerBI, MDX query, and DAX expressions, in designing, implementing data security and managing reports and dashboards for regular data monitoring
- Hands-on knowledge of MS Reporting Services is an asset
- Experience in data management and analysis using Stata, R, Python, Jupyter Notebooks and MS Azure Synapse Analytics an advantage
- Work experience or consulting with government agencies or international health agencies highly desirable and experience as co-investigator for public health or medical research/statistical projects an advantage;
- Proven skills in Business Intelligence systems and tools, such as MS PowerBI and DAX or Excel PowerPivot, and the development of data-driven applications and data presentation tools;
- Manipulation of data in various formats, reporting from complex databases; knowledge and experience on health assessment data and indicators, understanding of statistical principles necessary for data analysis would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of statistical principles, methods and software packages and data analysis preferably with a special focus on health and demographics;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as effective communication, documentation and independent writing skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 02 January 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-1112022-vn-1112022-sql-database-and-powerbi-specialist-g-7-manila-global
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.