Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will provide technical leadership and support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS strategies and approaches in implementation of the programs.
- S/He will work with relevant stakeholders to coordinate the design and implementation of facility-based programs in relation to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment, PMTCT, care and support, work with relevant staff and partners to coordinate the design and implementation of community-based programs in relation to community HTS and PMTCT including optimizing HIV case finding and linkage to care at supported health facilities, liaise with partners implementing community programs in order to optimize community-facility linkage of clients identified to be HIV positive and retention to care and treatment, support the provision of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and ART in line with National and Global best practices and guideline. S/He will also provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity for PLHIV, contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets and represent AHNi to donors and government officials on issues of HIV/AIDS treatment, care and support at the State level.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS / MD or similar Degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of HTS, PMTCT, anti-retroviral therapy (ART), TB HIV collaboration, care and support in resource constrained settings
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is an advantage
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&[email protected] using their Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.