Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior HRIS Advisor, Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity
Job Identification: 102493
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Program Delivery
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Health Workforce Management (HWM) activity supports establishing a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- Banyan Global implements the project in collaboration with Abt Associates, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), and Solina Health. The project also collaborates with local experts, universities, training institutions, federal and state governments, and the private sector and provides support via targeted grants under contract (GUCs).
- This approach will help address the shortage of skilled healthcare workers within Nigeria’s primary health care (PHC) system.
- Abt Associates Inc. leads HWM’s Intermediate Result (IR) Two (2) with the objective of strengthening the human resources information system (HRIS) for effective recruitment, deployment and retention of health workers.
- Working with the Department of Health Planning, Research, & Statistics (DHPRS) of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), the Abt team provides technical assistance to develop and equip the HRIS and its users to provide data for decision-makers that inform evidence-based HRH planning, management and addressing of inequities and inefficiencies.
- The activity will support ongoing efforts by collaborating with the FMOH’s DHPRS to link the supported priority states to the National Health Workforce Registry (NHWR) and build local capacity to use the information for decision-making.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Abt HWM Project Management Director, the Senior HRIS Advisor will:
- Lead the implementation of the nationally adopted health workforce registry at the state level.
- Support project states and the FMOH DHPRS in the use of HRIS data to inform decision-making.
- Design and manage assessments and HRH tools, e.g., HRH profiles, to inform HRH management.
- Identify linkages with other databases and information systems to ensure interoperability.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes for data integrity;
- Manage a team of state-based HRIS specialists and work closely with the Home Office team to determine and engage short-term technical assistance, quality assurance, and overall sound technical project delivery.
- Serve as a leader in HRIS in Nigeria and within the HWM management team
- Additional responsibilities as assigned and approved within the Abt team.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Nine (9) years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven (7) years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Post-graduate Degree or Higher in Public Health, Health Systems, Human Resources, Information Systems, or another related field.
- Familiarity with the Government of Nigeria’s HRIS needs and efforts to maintain the Health Workforce Registry.
- Professional experience interacting with representatives from ministries of health, the private sector, civil society organizations, national health professional councils, and non-governmental organizations.
- Direct experience with HRIS system administration, maintenance, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality reports and deliverables, especially for USAID and donor clients.
- Experience managing teams and building capacity across staff, especially with team members across multiple locations.
- Experience effectively delivering project results in an environment with multiple implementing partners, with strong preference for experience doing so as part of a consortium
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and extensive experience with other MS applications.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communication skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2022 (04:14 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.