Tearfund is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injustice, and to restore dignity and hope in some of the world’s poorest communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Job ID.: 2566
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Job Category: Global Finance & IT, International Relief & Development (Outside UK)
- Would you like to use your skills in financial management to help Tearfund reach its goal?
- Tearfund in Nigeria is looking for a highly skilled and talented individual to occupy the role of a Senior Finance Officer (SFO) to manage the financial aspect of its Trash to Cash (A Norwegian Agency for Development) Project in Yola field office, Adamawa State.
- S/he will be seconding our implementing partner (YRF).
- We look for a professionally qualified accountant having work experience in the non-government sector, who has expertise in managing financial accounts and systems, developing and managing the budget of an institutional funding.
- The candidate should have the knowledge on the procedure of submission of financial statements and reports as will be required.
- The role holder is agile, has good project finance management skills, and has managed high donor compliance projects.
- S/he is goal oriented, with the ability to think through technically.
- S/he has the awareness of the relief business environment and ability to relate well in a cross-cultural environment.
The SFO will be responsible for:
- All aspects of finance management and technical support in the Yola field office in accordance with Tearfund policies and guidelines.
- Conduct budget analysis and finance reporting for the project.
- Comply with statutory audit requirements.
- Ensure that donor requirements are followed.
- Carry out responsibilities as indicated in the attached profile.
- Experience in the accounting and financial management of a social enterprise is a plus.
- The candidate must have a good accounting software skill such as SAGE 50 and any other software to be eligible.
The successful candidate is also expected to have:
- An ICAN or equivalent professional qualification with budget, planning and forecasting experience with not less than 5 years post qualification experience notably in an INGO and social enterprise setting is desirable.
- Strong financial management & technical finance experience.
- Experience of implementing finance processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
- We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a clear and specific desire to work in Yola, Adamawa State.
N9,156,315 Annually (Gross).
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2022.
Potential Interview Date
31st October, 2022 .
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The recruitment process includes specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
- In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.