Senior Executive Assistant
Job #: req22167
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English, Arabic, French
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 4/27/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
The MNC01 program is led by Regional Country Director and managed out of the Rabat country office, in Morocco. In addition, the department serves five countries namely Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Malta.
The Senior Executive assistant will be based in the Rabat Country Office, will report to the MNC01 Regional Country Director, and he/she expected to provide the most comprehensive administrative and executive assistance to the Country Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Executive Assistance
- Provide with the highest level of discretion, a wide range of executive assistance and administrative support to the Country Director, including managing the schedule and prioritizing the workflow of the office to ensure effective time management: arranging appointments and missions, independently resolving scheduling conflicts, screening and prioritizing incoming emails and correspondences with relevant stakeholders across all Bank Group institutions and outside the bank, and monitoring office activities and deliverables to ensure appropriate and timely follow-up
- Set up Business Planning meetings and coordinate all meetings with the CD to ensure the team meets business planning targets
- Coordinate agenda, prepare materials, take minutes and monitor follow-up actions as a member of regional Department Management Team (DMT)
- Ensure relevant documents and papers are available for meetings, deadlines are met, and documents requiring CD signature(s) are of high quality and adhere to administrative and operational guidelines
- Drafts/Finalizes correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of CD and prepare minutes of meetings
- Prioritize and channel communications of country Office, take minutes, monitor and follow up on issues and priorities, and ensure that appropriate consultations take place
- Keep other VPU management and country office staff informed, as appropriate, by providing relevant information, reports or status updates
- Initiate and coordinate travel arrangements for Director and VP, including preparation of briefing materials; provide general research support and independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible
- Monitoring Quality
- Provide leadership on quality control of documents to ensure consistency and compliance with Bank standards and procedures as well as establish and maintain effective monitoring, tracking, filing and retrieval systems
- Coordinate and monitor work processes, documents, and evaluation reports for editorial quality assurance and timely processing and delivery, to ensure that management decisions and directives are properly carried out
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the diverse range of Country office products/services and provide guidance on relevant procedures and practices to staff
- Representation Contacts and Liaison
- Interact with an extensive network of country office stakeholder contacts (internal and external to the WBG) at the most senior level –both internal and external visitors/callers and dignitaries
- Maintain regular contact both informally and formally with a wide range of staff, especially in the other MNC01 country offices, and clients to stay abreast of emerging issues requiring CD attention and establishing a program of systematic interaction with staff and follow up
- Collaborate closely with other Executive Assistants within and outside of the region
- Support and work collaboratively with members of the immediate work team and with other colleagues and staff in diverse work groups/teams/task forces, across Bank Group offices
- Administration of Front Office Support
- Responsible for the overall quality, organization, and supervision of country Office support
- Provide leadership and guidance to ACS staff in respect to relevant issues related to ACS staff. S/he is directly involved in coaching/mentoring other ACS, and organizing, supervising and coordinating the workflow and work program of ACS team
- Assume role as member of the security management team
- The SEA in accordance with the Framework of Accountability for the WBG Security Management System (WBG Directive), acts as focal point of Security for the Duty Station and Duty Station Area for resident Staff, business and benefit travelers, Registered Dependents and Bank Group property
- General Office Support
- Ensure smooth operations of ongoing administrative functions including environment, space, equipment and information retrieval system
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Coordinate ACS staff, including work flow
- Supervise the team mapped to SEA
- Responsible for internal and external recruitment of ACS, liaise with HR team with respect to job posting/grading that these are in accordance with established criteria and policies
- Orient new staff at all levels regarding administrative operations and work guidelines in the country office
- Other Duties
- Undertake other duties and ad hoc assignments that may be assigned from time to time, including during absences and/or heavy work periods
- High School diploma with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the public or private sector.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to interact with an extensive network of contacts at all levels, both internally and externally, and demonstrated ability to respond and deal effectively with diverse situations by exercising good judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written. Document review skills and editorial capabilities will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in Arabic, French, and English.
- Proven ability and maturity to create and work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment, to interact with staff at all levels and to build strong working relationships with counterparts across the World Bank Group, to perform effectively in meeting constantly changing business needs and heavy workload with competing activities and demands, and to effectively serve as both team leader and team member. Strong leadership and people management skills, ability to coach, inspire and motivate others, leading by example.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and develop and implement appropriate action plans for successful resolution.
- Outstanding skills in organizing, prioritizing, scheduling, planning and coordinating work and other activities internally and externally. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and judge priorities under tight deadlines. Consistently manage and deliver agreed work program through efficient and effective planning, delegation, oversight and quality enhancement of office support services. Ability to work under pressure, and constant demands while maintaining a calm and cheerful attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high level of discretion. Proven track record in managing confidentiality. Strong personal ethics and high degree of judgment and tact in handling the most sensitive, diverse and confidential material.
- Experience interacting with staff from the offices of the Executive Directors, Senior Management, Corporate Secretariat, and other relevant units.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and in using information databases, internet/intranet services and library sources and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.