Newmont Corp. is a gold producer, which engages in the production of gold. It operates through the following geographical segments: North America, South America, Australia, and Africa.
The North America segment consists primarily of the carlin, phoenix, twin creeks, and long canyon in the state of Nevada and Cripple Creek and Victor in the state of Colorado, in the United States. The South America segment consists primarily of Yanacocha in Peru and Merian in Suriname. The Australia segment consists primarily of Boddington.
- This includes support of technology applications and infrastructure available via the desktop, on a mobile device, or elsewhere at the site and includes supporting outsourced technology services and technology vendors?
Site Technology Support Team Management
- Manage user requests and provide approved services in a timely manner.
- Plan and manage technology inventory and assets.
- Manage a queue of work via electronic ticketing system, performing tasks in support of daily technology operations, aligned with response time, quality, and customer satisfaction performance measures.
- Perform technology defect diagnosis on hardware, network, and software systems, on mobile or fixed devices, provides input to the resolution, and documents solutions for future reference.
- Work with other technology teams as directed, such as regional/ global Network/Infrastructure teams to ensure the regional voice & data network, server, storage, and end-user environments at the site are effectively maintained and supported (this is key for remote mining site locations).
- Communicate effectively with customers, stakeholders, and service providers to deliver on technology requirements.
- Support vendors to maintain site stability.
- Provide appropriate identification, tracking, escalation, and communication for regional or site issues they are responsible for in service delivery.
- Support troubleshooting in areas of server, storage, server room/data center support, networking, and telephony support after business hours.
- Contribute to the record-keeping of site technology-related assets.
Safety and Compliance
- Comply with Newmont security and technology standards in the delivery of service.
- Participate in safety meetings, staff meetings, and safety inspections.
- Become familiar with and adheres to Newmont Health, Safety Security and Environment Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- Participate in the completion and resolution of all technology compliance and general control-related activities for the team.
- Consistently demonstrates safe work practices.
- Participate in an audit finding actions for the support team on site.
- Comply with Newmont’s goals and values.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Requires a Technology related certification or working towards a certification a plus.
- Minimum of 5 or more years experiences in services or technical support roles with a mining company.
- Technology-related certification or working towards certification is a plus.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Wide and detailed knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes.
- Broad understanding of diverse technology toolsets and use of problem resolution forums.
- Strong mix of business, functional, and technical skills.
- Takes initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- The position is located at the Ahafo North mine.
- Office and field/mine site work as required including working in open pit and/or underground operations.
- Position may require travel to other domestic and international sites.
- The position requires a driving license.
- Flexible hours as required to accommodate site technology requirements or project requirements.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 29th Sept. 2021