The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Corporate Procurement Specialist
Reference ID: R2209
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services from initial sourcing through delivery.
- This involves the process of selecting vendors, negotiating contracts, forecasting demand, and managing the fulfillment of supply.
- The Senior Corporate Procurement Specialist is responsible for supporting cross-functional teams to achieve cost, delivery, and quality metrics, as well as vendor management.
- This position holder will ensure the day-to-day operations to achieve key results in support of the business – flexing resources, optimizing demand, and satisfying stakeholder requirements.
- The Senior Corporate Procurement Specialist will work collaboratively across divisions and countries establishing strong relationships with peers, senior leaders and other stakeholders.
- This position will demonstrate the ability to get things done through both formal and informal networks, using diplomacy and tact to gain cooperation and support from others.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience in Business, Finance, International Relations, Statistics or any relevant field.
- Certifications in CIPS, ISM, CPM, Lean-Six Sigma Training or certification and other relevant procurement/supply chain certifications
- 5+ years of experience in procurement and operations
- Corporate sourcing and procurement Experience
- 2+ years INGO experience i.e. U.S. government-funded projects, DFID, and others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience in the use of ERPs like QuickBooks and Deltek Costpoint
- French full professional proficiency and English.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of global sourcing and procurement strategies, tactics, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Experience in development of policies and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of federal procurement regulations and USAID regulations
- Proficiency with Procurement Systems and Sourcing tools.
- Experience supervising staff
- Negotiation skills
- Capacity building/facilitation skills
- Experience in cross-cultural work environment
- Adaptable, creative, collaborative and able to think strategically.
- Critical thinking and technical expertise – uses logic and methods to solve complex business problems, seeing hidden problems, decision making effectively under pressure.
- Purpose driven and outcome focused – moving roadblocks, tackling difficult problems and is action oriented.
- Developing and leading talent – coach employees to improve performance, encourage stretch tasks and assignments.
- Thinking digitally – picking up new technical skills and knowledge quickly, gains familiarity and is comfortable using a range of digital collaborative tools.
- Operate as a nimble learner – knowing personal strengths, weaknesses and limits, has a growth mind-set.
- Committed to continuous improvement and willing to develop new skills over time.
- Keen customer focus on internal/external stakeholders
- Impeccable negotiation and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online