WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
We are seeking to fill four positions of Logistics Assistant G5, based in the Commodity and Fund Management Support Team in the Supply Chain Division of our Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Please note that this vacancy announcement is being issued internally and externally.
The Supply chain commodity accounting and Budget management unit is responsible in managing and supporting the WFP inventory system as well as monitoring supply chain budget planning as well as fund consumption. The unit supports eighty country offices through six regional bureaus around the world. The unit manages a Logistics inventory system called LESS (Logistics Execution Support System) which is SAP based system that tracks commodities from the first arrival point at a country to the final delivery points. The system handles about 300,000 food commodity related transactions related to on yearly basis.
The Logistics Assistants will report to the head of LESS system support section under the Commodity Accounting unit and will be expected to support the Logistics inventory system (LESS) which oversights the support to Regional Bureaus (RBs)/Country Offices (COs) on regular technical issues, provide regular technical Training to CO/RBs, review procedures and guidelines related to LESS process, maintain master data within LESS, oversight on enhancement process of LESS system. Coordinate with RB/CO on implementation and rollout of updates and fixes on the LESS system, provide support to various Headquarter (HQ) divisions with requested related to the tracking system support issues. The position is also responsible on reviewing guidelines and procedures related to commodity accounting as well as LESS system process.
Selected incumbents will need to respond to a variety of SAP technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set. Selected incumbents will also support data validation in the Logistics inventory system (SAP Based) and maintain key administrative data; manage the user profiles in the Logistics inventory system (LESS) based on the segregation of duties and hierarchy procedure and support country office in identifying, assessing and prioritizing Logistics inventory system (SAP) system enhancement requirements.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. for the Committee on Commodities, Transport and Insurance (CCTI), Standard Project Reportss, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
SPECIFIC POST REQUIREMENTS (As required by the Hiring Manager)
- Good Knowledge of SAP system structure.
- Experience in providing technical support on SAP and supporting system enhancement initiatives/testing and rollout of system solutions.
- Knowledge of commodity accounting, inventory management, aspects of logistics operations, shipping and procurement processes.
- Experience analyzing, presenting and reconciling data to draft reports and respond to queries.
- Good communication, attention to details and client orientation skills.
- Experience providing guidance/support to junior colleagues.
- Experience working with the SAP based commodity tracking and inventory management modules.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office systems, especially Excel and Access Database.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/FAO level C) of English.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR as outlined in the Generic Job Profile ‘ Logistics Assistant G5’ apply
Leads by Example with Integrity:
- Upholds WFP values, principles, and standards: Demonstrates the WFP values, principles and standards
- Respects others and values diversity: Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language
- Stays focused and calm under pressure: Stays focused and calm when under pressure
- Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn: Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, seeking and acting on feedback, and taking up opportunities to develop
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments:
- Delivers results for maximum impact Is accountable for the delivery of results
- Delegates appropriately Seeks guidance and support where needed
- Adapts readily to change Adapts readily to change adjusting work as needed
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative:
- Is inclusive and collaborative Promotes teamwork by sharing ideas and openly raising issues
- Gives timely and constructive feedback Gives timely and constructive feedback to others
- Builds and shares new perspectives Listens attentively to others and shares views
Applies Strategic Thinking:
- Communicates and fulfils WFP’s vision Embraces WFP’s vision and how it impacts their role
- Embraces curiosity and new ways of doing things Shows curiosity and implements new ways of doing things when relevant
- Analyses and evaluates data Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team activities
- Considers the impact of decisions Asks questions to understand the impact of decisions for their objectives
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships:
- Builds partnerships Acts professionally with external partners
- Collaborates to deliver common objectives Works together with partners to deliver common goals
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit http://www.wfp.org and click on: ‘Our work’ and ‘Countries’ to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Applicants must be:
- Italian nationals holding a valid passport and/or identity card.
- EU citizens holding a valid passport and/or identity card; AND with confirmed registration from the Italian police authorities or Registrar’s Office (Anagrafe).
- Non-EU citizens holding a valid Italian Resident Permit ie. Permesso di Soggiorno. (renewal slips will not be accepted).
- Reside within commuting distance (100-kilometer radius or distance that can be covered within 1.5 hours by car or public transport under average conditions of traffic, weather, and roads) to the office location at the duty station (Via Cesare Giulio Viola, 68/70, 00148 Roma RM), at the time of the application.
For more information on Italian protocol requirements, please refer to: http://www.poliziadistato.it/arcolo/10930/
Please note that only applications submitted in English via the WFP Career website will be considered.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23 April 2023
Ref. VA No. 747785
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.