Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
- Location Borno
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Safeguarding Expert is required to lead the development and implementation of safeguarding policy across the AAH Nigeria mission as well as developing a mission-wide strategy in that matter.
More precisely your missions will be :
- Ensure a strategic approach in the crosscutting implementation of the Safeguarding policies
- Ensure the efficiency of the alert mechanisms and alert management of SEA allegations and Respect of code of conduct
- Ensure the integration of Safeguarding standards in AAH relations with communities, partners and suppliers
- Ensure the integration of Safeguarding in AAH programming
- Reporting Responsibilities : Track all activities related to PSEA and ensure that all information on activities are shared with relevant people. Report regularly on the safeguarding policy deployment and disseminate the supportive documents and notes from various activities. Maintain accurate data on reported incidents for general reporting and strengthening initiatives to address SEA.
- Additional Responsibilities : This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task. Maintenance of high technical standards. Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations, Action Against Hunger mandate and charter including promotion of gender equality.
- Depth knowledge of the protection framework
- The prevention and the fight against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)
- The IASC’s Six Fundamental Principles of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Field experience in humanitarian and / or development contexts of a minimum of 3 years
- Experience working with a wide variety of stakeholders, including INGO / NGO coordination
- Knowledge of data protection and confidentiality measures
- Proven integrity, objectivity and professional competence
- Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural diversity and gender issues;
- Experience in developing and facilitating training and capacity-building activities is an advantage.
- Very good capacity to organize his/her work in emergency situations
- This position may include working occasionally during weekends (in case of a critical incident)
- Disciplined and able to work independently
- • With a team size of approximately 400 at the mission level. This role requires high level of management and leadership skills and the ability to work in sensitive cultural environments
- Specific conditions / Salary
- 12 Months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance : 754 USD net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance : 450€
- Child allowance : 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation : Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage : 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR : 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
Training : Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International on recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org to apply