iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The RRM Capacity Building Officer will facilitate training and capacity development sessions for the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) partners on different tools. The Capacity Building Officer will ensure regular training for partners’ information management and non-IM personnel to guarantee that the mechanism is updated as per the partners’ vision.
Description of Duties
- Conduct training needs assessments to establish priority needs and gaps in RRM information management capacity.
- Planning and scheduling of capacity building activities in consultation with key stakeholders and under the supervision of the senior technical advisor and the RRM Emergency focal point.
- Development of training and session plans, goals and objectives for RRM field teams and RRM partners based on identified gaps and capacity building priorities.
- Design and develop capacity building curriculum, syllabus, and learning materials.
- Organize and deliver/co-facilitate core and advanced training and capacity building sessions in Humanitarian Information Management, consistent with the needs of the RRM partners.
- Research, identify and develop appropriate training packages on emerging tools and innovative technologies that enhance partner ability for effective utilization of IM tools.
- Develop or identify training content and/or supporting reference resources such as presentations, practical exercises, and handouts to facilitate learning.
- Conduct pre-training, in-training and post-training evaluations for feedback, address challenges and impediments to effective learning, document and share lessons learnt.
- Train and provide technical support to the identified staff as needed on all Information Management tools and processes.
- Provide mentorship and support within the scope of the RRM capacity building plan.
- Draft RRM capacity building success stories for inclusion in iMMAP reports, newsletters and social media platforms, as well as other technical documentation as required.
- Any other duties as required.
An advanced university degree or equivalent experience in the fields of humanitarian studies, information management; Computer Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in training or Information Management, such as working with databases, mapping, visualization, and design.
- Intermediate/Advance level of Excel, Adobe Illustrator, QGIS/ArcGIS, and Kobo is a strong asset.
- Sound knowledge of assessment methodologies is a strong asset.
- Sound knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes is an advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Good communication skills.
- Soft skills
- Understanding of the UN cluster/sector system and how it operates.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; is willing to learn from others.
- Planning & Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. identifies clients’ needs and matches them with appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Technological awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Representation: Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP in various formats. Maintain effective and positive contacts with the national and local government officials, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and donor agency officials, when required.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Takes initiatives, manages own use of time and is self-motivating.
- Proven ability to work in teams.
- Flexible and creative.
- Power BI
- Advanced Excel
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/768