The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Manager
Requisition ID: req31436
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Research Manager will play a key role in supporting the success of ERD’s organizational research priorities. The Research Manager will:
- Coordinate research activities with colleagues globally across the IRC and with external partners
- Support with managing research projects and brainstorming research ideas for business development, and
- Contribute to the dissemination of research progress and findings both internally and externally.
- This role requires strong project management and communication skills and a strong background in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and methodologies. There may be flexibility on office location.
- Along with the Senior Research Coordinator, support the implementation of the ERD organizational research priorities.
- Participate in research-related business development activities including brainstorming research designs, engaging with country programs, and developing proposals
- Assist in developing research instruments, conducting data collection training, monitoring progress of research activities, and analyzing research data under guidance of the Senior Research Coordinator.
- Provide management support to research activities related to the ERD organizational research priorities
- Collaborate with internal and external research partners to ensure successful implementation of research projects
- Support the research team in securing ethics approval for ERD research studies and ensure that all projects adhere to ethical requirements and IRC quality research standards
- Support the Senior Research Coordinator in research synthesis and preparation and coordination of dissemination activities including internal and external presentations, briefs, peer-review journal articles, community-based dissemination events, and blog posts.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Senior Research Coordinator
- Indirect Reporting: N/A
- Position directly supervises: N/A.
Education / Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Research Methodology, Economics, Social Sciences, or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience supporting research projects, preferably in humanitarian or development settings and in a project management role.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Fluent written and spoken communication in English. French, Spanish, or Arabic proficiency or another IRC working language is strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative research designs and methodologies. Knowledge of R or Stata is required. Experience or familiarity with participatory research methods is an advantage!
- Experience organizing and implementing quantitative and/or qualitative data collections. Ability to identify and troubleshoot data quality and research implementation issues.
- Knowledge of research ethics such as informed consent and data protection. Experience securing ethics approval and research permits strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills involving listening to, interacting with, and communicating clearly with people from diverse nationalities and backgrounds with a high degree of professionalism and pro-activity.
- Ability to work efficiently under remote team and management structures and coordinate with internal and external partners.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online