Jhpiego, through STAR Nigeria, is conducting an implementation research study to assess the feasibility and acceptance of blood and oral fluid Hepatitis C self-test kits in Nasarawa state. Jhpiego is seeking an experience Research Coordinator to oversee this study in Nasarawa for a period of 12 months.
The position reports to the STAR Project Director and receives day-to-day technical supervision and other support from the Strategic Information advisor. The Research Coordinator will provide overall coordination of the HCV study; overseeing the ethical implementation of the study, participate in training of data collection staff and coordinates data collection; oversee recruitment of human subjects, as well as to write and edit reports and manuscripts.
- Experience 6 years
- Location Nasarawa
- Collaborate with study personnel in the strategic planning of study implementation.
- Ensure submission for IRB approvals.
- Oversee the recruitment, training and supervision of research assistants.
- Coordinate data collection for the study.
- Oversee accurate data entry into study database.
- Closely track study recruitment and enrollment and keep study PI updated on progress to sample size.
- Ensure compliance with the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Consult with co-investigators on appropriate management of participant problems and concerns.
- Ensure that the study is executed successfully and completed within time frames to meet research objectives.
- Oversee data management including data cleaning and analysis
- Participate in writing and editing of a technical reports and manuscripts for publication or presentation.
- Perform any other programmatic duties related to the study.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demography, Economics, Sociology, public health or any other related social science subject, master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 6 years consultancy experience in a related field and at least 2 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS related research design, implementation and publication.
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research models and data analysis
- Experience in writing high quality reports to funders and other stakeholders
- Excellent English writing skill
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong planning, time management and project management skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Familiarity with quantitative data storage and analysis systems
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, professional, accountable and proactive
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver to a deadline
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel
Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Monthly Gross Salary :N1,150,000
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jhpiego – John Hopkins University on jobs-jhpiego.icims.com to apply