Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QI Program Officer
Job ID: 2022-4797
Employment Status: Full-Time
- We seek a Quality Improvement – Program Officer for the Global Fund funded, “Quality Improvement and Leadership and Management Strengthening through Technical Assistance” project in Jigawa state.
- The project aims to provide support to Global Fund programs in Nigeria to implement an innovative approach for integrated supportive supervision (ISS) that includes collaborative improvement, training, a web-enabled supervision checklist, and supervision of supervisors to improve health worker performance and quality of care for integrated HIV/TB/Malaria/ services.
- The Program officer will support MEL reporting, program management, engagement with stakeholders, provide admin support in collaboration with Admin and Finance team in Abuja, as well as contribute to strengthening leadership and management skills among Ministry of Health staff for QI and improved integrated service delivery in health facilities and communities.
- The Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Quality Improvement Advisor working closely with the State Ministry of Health and other government agencies and with the QI specialist.
- The Program officer will support QI program planning, implementation and reporting
- Coordinate and ensure administrative support, documentation and logistics support for QI, leadership and management activities in the state/LGA/facilities
- Assist in the development of work plans, budgets, liaising with GoN stakeholder and implementing partners regarding activities.
- Support Project team in preparation of activities, including scheduling meeting, creating attendance list, corresponding with attendees, preparing materials, setting up meeting rooms, taking meeting minutes, amongst other task
- Support strategic collaboration activities with MoH and key stakeholders to learn from evidence generated by the project, and adapt interventions as appropriate;
- Support project deliverables with a focus on M&E sections;
- Develop dissemination plans that capture lessons learned and best practices, and determine dissemination opportunities across the countries;
- Provide M&E summaries for the project, including presentation of updates to key stakeholders;
- Collaborate and communicate on a regular basis with the QI and MEL advisor, address feedback and comments as provided by the advisor.
- Ensure data collected are uploaded to Creative web-based platform;
- Analyze ongoing quantitative / qualitative data at different points in the program leading to the specific program / contract results;
- Support to maintain records and files, distributing of project information and documentation
- Assist in the asset management and documentation
- Assist in the smooth running of project office, maintenance of assets and project materials
- Ensure availability and efficient use of general office consumables, safe storage and proper use of equipment, update newly purchased items to inventory
- Conduct preliminary review of vendor invoices and advances to ensure completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity according to Jhpiego and donor guidelines
- Assist with drafting, editing and proofreading of technical materials and appropriate reports of program activities and results for technical leads and supervisors as requested.
- Ensure expense reports, payment schedules are properly prepared, scanned and shared with the Country office, also ensuring financial documents are filed in an orderly manner
- Responsible for the collation, harmonization and regular updates of program management tools such as scorecard, stakeholders database, facility directory and other tools as maybe be requested.
- Coordinate staff travel logistics and retirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences, Public Health or related field, and equivalent job experience 2-3 years’ in programmatic support of international health projects
- Experience in providing programmatic, administrative, financial support to public health programs
- Strong familiarity with health system and HIV, TB and Malaria service delivery context in Jigawa and Nigeria
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, ministry of health officials and other partners
- Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office
NGN638,000 – NGN 721,000 Monthly Gross.
- Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.