Save the Slum Initiative is a non-governmental organization with registration CAC/IT/NO 139240, STSI was founded in 2016 and is committed to responding to current needs to improve the life of people living in slums and local communities across Nigeria. STSI envisions improving the living standards of vulnerable persons and communities and our overall aim is to work with urban poor to bring about long-term and sustainable transformation to their quality of life and to also provide better community-based healthcare and empowerment education and environmental improvement to all communities that will serve. We intervene in various sectors like WASH, Education, Protection, Nutrition, Health, and Livelihood of humanitarian sectors and community development projects. Since its inception in 2016, STSI have implemented in over 10 States in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations & Marketing Manager
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Marketing and PR manager to organize and oversee the marketing and PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public.
- We expect you should be an organized and cool-tempered professional, have a creative mind and excellent communication skills, confident in your public speaking and project management abilities
- The Marketing and PR manager will be responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing plans and communications programs for the effective management of the organization’s corporate image, creating brand visibility in order to achieve its target market share and set goals.
- The focus of the role is to maintain strong interaction with stakeholders; project a good brand image and reputation and ensure that employees and the public are adequately informed, enthused and involved about the organization’s current and future activities.
- This function will enable the company to be recognized as a leading communication provider in the industry; known for disseminating information, changing narratives and making lives better.
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. marketing) and maintain open communication with senior management
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Organize PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Manage PR issues
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy (often as part of a wider sales and marketing programme)
- Evaluate and review marketing campaigns, advertising and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are being used and campaigns are effective
- Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for management
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Lead external agencies, when appropriate, to effectively manage events, press relationships, editorial requests, presentations, promotional materials and online activities
- Oversee and manage the marketing budget.
- Communicate with target audiences and build and develop customer relationships
- Help with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
- Source advertising opportunities and place adverts in the press or on the radio
- Work closely with in-house or external creative agencies to design marketing materials such as brochures and adverts.
- B.Sc / BA / M.Sc in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 4+ years of marketing communications or relation.
- You have a keen understanding of what it is like to market in Nigeria.
- You have the ability and interest in leveraging multiple content formats including text, video, still images, graphics and motion graphics.
- Experience designing and running experiments to optimise growth and glean actionable insights.
- You’re able to work autonomously and deliver a project from start to finish if needed, but also collaborate with designers, creative leadership, and various stakeholders.
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- You understand the why before diving headfirst into the creative, and you’re able to come up with loads of creative ideas.
- You are great at prioritizing outputs across various projects and are able to manage your time to meet tight deadlines.
- You have a deep understanding of the balance between creative freedom and data-driven decision-making
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener
- You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving the organisation mission.
- You’re never tired of learning.
- Proven experience in Public Relations, marketing or similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude.
Application Closing Date
Monday; 24th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested and qualified candidates should send no more than 5 page CV and Cover Letter
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- We provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.