Nuru equips local leaders with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty by integrating impact programs that address the most prevalent and fundamental challenges of extreme poverty around four areas of need:
Location: Michika/Gombi, Adamawa State
Grade Level: Administrator & Professionals
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a period of 18 months, renewable based on funding and performance.
Number of Job Openings: 2
Start Date: November 2022
Nuru Nigeria is seeking Project Officers (PO) who will be in charge of training facilitation, farmers’ mobilization, and management of the Farmers Business School. The Project Officers will work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator of Nuru Nigeria.
Reporting and Supervision: The Project Officers will report to the Project Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the project coordinator, the project officers are to carry out the following duties;
- The Program Officers would deploy training to Farmers in line with pre designed curriculum.
- He/She would monitor farmers’ progress in group management and enterprise development.
- He/She would be responsible for tracking financial inclusion activities and ensure farmers save consistently.
- The PO would also support in curriculum development and review as required.
- The PO would work closely with the leaders of various farmers group/FO leaders to ensure the smooth running of various farmers group/FOs
- He/She would support in deploying other program components in line with the Program Sequence of Nuru Nigeria.
- He/She would be in charge of managing his/her assigned community training center side by side managing farmers’ needs.
- The PO would support in building Farmer Organization in a sustainable fashion.
- The PO would share weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates on farmers’ group activities as required.
- Support the project coordinator to ensure impact program activities are implemented effectively and efficiently with a focus on Nuru’s vision and strategic objectives.
- Coordinate with the leadership team to train and develop the capacity of farmer associations and farmer organization (FO) and their members on best agronomic and animal husbandry practices, agribusiness, and income generation towards resilience, prosperity, and sustainability.
- Support to ensure interventions are effectively integrated and that the team works together to optimize integrated impact.
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with partner farmers, agencies, community leaders, and other key stakeholders in the host community while working in the field.
- The PO will support the project coordinator to effectively and efficiently implement impact program interventions in a sustainable and transparent way. He/she will work in close collaboration with the leadership and M&E teams.
- Ensure all intervention areas are helping the rural community realize sustainable meaningful choices in order to lift themselves out of extreme poverty in a sustainable way.
- Prepare high-quality progress reports and ensure they are submitted on time.
- Work with the Nuru Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation team to ensure that interventions are effectively monitored and evaluated in order to assess progress, increase impact, and guide scaling decisions.
- Collaborate with the Nuru Nigeria leadership team to build and strengthen the capacity of farmer associations/ organization and their leaders toward sustainability.
- Exemplify the servant leadership philosophy of Nuru Nigeria and work with other team members to build a company culture around a service and farmer-first mentality.
- Foster organizational development, promote Nuru’s values and servant leadership culture, promote accountability and high performance, and encourage team creativity and innovation.
- Identify learning and training needs for farmers as well as challenges among the FOs/FAs and communicate this to the project coordinator.
- Facilitate FO/FA community meetings, trainings and other engagements as required by the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least 4 years working experience in an agricultural intervention with a B. Sc. in Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Education or other related field.
- Fluency in Hausa language.
- Experience working in rural environment and directly working with farming communities.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation.
Nuru Nigeria Offers:
- Annual compensation range is NGN 4,800,000 – NGN 4,940,000 subject to statutory deductions
- 18 working days of paid leave, 15 Days of paternity leave and 120 calendar days of paid maternity leave.
- 13th-month remuneration up to 70% of monthly gross.
- Capacity development opportunities.
- Conducive work environment.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits.
- Health Insurance covering employees and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and disability, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Non-discriminatory employment clause:
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, age, disability or health status. The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.