The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Logistics Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Contract under French law
Contract Length: 6 months, renewable.
Position to be filled: ASAP
Administrative Reporting: Project Coordinator
Technical Line Reporting: Logistics Coordinator
Supervision: Logistics team including Logs. Supervisor, Purchaser and Storekeeper
Protection of Beneficiaries and Members of the Community
- Level 3: The incumbent will have contact with children or/and vulnerable adults either frequently (for example, once a week or more), or regularly (e.g. four days in a month or more or overnight) because he or she works in national programs, or because he visits national programs, or because he is responsible for implementing the recruitment process; Therefore, a criminal record check or the presentation of a certificate of good life and manners will be required.
- In situations where the impossibility of providing a criminal record or a certificate of good life and manners is found, a statement of honor will be requested.
Mission and Main Activities
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all logistics related activities in the project area including all non-medical assistance related activities (shelter, food, water hygiene-sanitation and essential non-food items) and provide support to medical assistance activities, according to ALIMA standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Support the growing activities of the Project with the resources, procedures and tools defined with the Logistics Coordinator, in order to facilitate achievement of the operational objectives
- The Project Logistics reports directly to the Project Coordinator in the field, and to the Logistics Coordinator as well (technical referents).
- He/She supervises a logistics team in the project including Logistics Supervisor, purchaser and storekeeper
- In collaboration with the Project Team and the Logistics Coordinator, define, implement and monitor logistics activities and objectives based on the ALIMA strategic planning, standards and protocols.
This involves the following tasks:
- Is responsible to ensure the implementation of support (communications, electricity, transport, IT) and any other logistical activities required to achieve the medical objectives (construction/restoration, water & sanitation, Cold Chain, etc.)
- Is responsible to manage and monitor the material resources for the Project, under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator
- Is responsible to ensure installations and maintenance of functional office space and lodging facilities in the project in an adequate living conditions as well as all the equipment required with a support from the Logistics team at the field and from ALIMA Coordination team
- Is responsible for the asset, Inventory, fleet, stock, Contracts & follow up, vendors and price lists management of the project
- Is responsible to ensure an appropriate supply chain for the Project with the direct support of the Supply Chain Manager of the coordination
- Is responsible to ensure implementation of the technical SOPs, policies of logistics/security procedures in the Project areas/zones according to ALIMA standard Logistics & Security Guidelines
- Is involved with the Project Coordinator in Mapping/Identification of the local actors within the area of intervention: local authorities, NGOs, etc. to ensure good relationship with all the actors
- Is responsible to coordinate, organize, supervise, coach and support logistics team members’ performance to improve the logistics components of the project
- Is responsible to plan and supervise, in close collaboration with the Project Coordination, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development of skills and internal / external communication) of the project logistics staff in order to ensure the required performance and achieving goals
- Shall ensure implementation, manage and monitor the necessary reporting tools for logistics activities
- Is responsible to compile the quantitative logistics data (consummations, stocks, distributions) and analyze them before transmission to the project coordinator and the Logistics coordinator in monthly reporting
- Participates in exploratory mission’s / situation assessments and define logistics operational priorities when needed
- Participates in the development of the project proposal and project budget review.
- Ensures weekly/bimonthly and monthly Logistics reports as per ALIMA standards Guidelines.
- Follows up Action Plan settings.
- Ensures the implementation of preventive measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Participates in training and awareness sessions
- Applies standards relating to the prevention of abuse
- Ensures that his team members follow training and awareness sessions and apply standards relating to the prevention of abuse
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a fulfilling and protective environment.
Experience and Skills
- University Degree in Logistics, Supply or any other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in humanitarian Logistics supply management, with role of internal Procurement compliance
- Experience with a medical international NGO, an asset
- Strong Team management and supervision skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel & Word
- Rigorous, stress resistant, good adaptation capacity and capacity of meeting deadlines.
- Communications and negotiation skills
- Flexibility and proactivity
- Language: English is mandatory (written, read, spoken), French is an asset.
Depending on experience + per diem.
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications (CV + answer to questions) will be taken into account.
- Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.