Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States and Federal Capital Territory (FCT-Abuja).
CBM International in collaboration with its implementing partners (GREENCODE) will implement the BMZ-Transitional Development Aid funded Project in Borno State, towards strengthening the resilience of vulnerable households in selected communities in Bama, Jere and Konduga LGA’s, with focus on three complementary and interlinked components in the areas of Food Security and Livelihood, WASH, Protection and Peaceful coexistence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- Provide support under the responsibility of the Senior Finance Officer in ensuring that all accounting procedures for documentation of transactions of Funds Receipt and Disbursement are observed and financial processes and reports are in line with policies of GREENCODE.
- To contribute to the provision of regular and detailed financial analysis report to inform management decisions.
Accounting Software operations and Reporting:
- Prepare payment, journal and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software – QUICKBOOK.
- Ensure that transactions are complete and accurate with self-explanatory and understandable descriptions.
- Maintain good filing for all vouchers in a limited access area to ensure easy retrieval.
- Support in ensuring all documents are scanned and properly stored in GREENCODE database
- Maintain a record of vouchers borrowed by staff and ensure that they are returned and filed appropriately.
- Following up with project staff as regards the dashboard financial deadline requirements
- Print the monthly reports for signing and appropriate filing.
- Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities implementation.
- Undertake basic financial analysis (i.e., budget variance) to support project information needs.
- Working with the Project Officer, Senior Finance Officer in the development of forecasts for projects.
- Ensure proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grant financial reports are kept secure in the Maiduguri Office
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions.
Internal Financial Controls & Payments:
- Ensure that the documentation for payment is acceptable and accurate with all arithmetic calculations being correct.
- Approved payment requests should be processed within three days of receipt.
- Prepare the Withholding tax and VAT schedule where relevant before payment is done.
- Cancel (stamped PAID) all vouchers (payment, journal, and receipt) and their supporting documents to forestall reuse.
- Ensure all cheques are prepared in a way that ensures accuracy and validation for payments
- Issue cheques as per the weekly payment list. Exceptions should be approved by National Coordinator.
- Maintain cash books, including providing updates to Senior Finance Officer to prevent negative cash and bank balance.
- Release cheques to the right payee and ensure the appropriate receipts are issued and filed. Perform any other duties as specified by your supervisor(s).
Assist in the Administration of Staff Payroll:
- Prepare the withholding tax deductions report, and complete and submit monthly Statutory PAYE forms to relevant Government Organizations.
- Assist in the posting of all prepaid staff benefits on Quickbook.
- University Degree in Accounting, Economics, or Banking and Finance
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community-level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with large complex organizations is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred
- Certification with ANAN, ICAN or ACCA is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and request for competency form, fill and submit the competency form to: [email protected]and copy[email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The title of the position must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri or its environs and ready to travel to field locations.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
- Equal opportunities are given to all applicants.