GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people especially in the face of disaster or crises. GPON is presently operating in the North-eastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 800,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services, GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator – (Integrated Education for Girls in NE Nigeria)
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Type of Role: Education in emergency
Reports to: Response Manager
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of an Education and Gender focused project.
Dimensions of the Role
- Under the direct supervision of the Response / MEAL Manager, the Project Coordinator is in charge of the implementation of an Education and Gender focused project that aims to support vulnerable children in Northeast Nigeria (Yobe) access, follow and benefit from a quality and inclusive education in a safe and supporting environment.
Project Monitoring and Implementation:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework for the project in coordination with the MEAL Coordinator, and Gender officer, and donor organizations.
- Work closely with project officers to ensure support, capacity building, and training development for community-based workers.
- Assumes responsibility in the delivery of quality services for beneficiaries throughout all project implementation cycle.
- Provide coordination and administrative support in developing and carrying out project staff training and development
- Maintain coordination and communication between the Response Manager and project staff for ensuring the quality of processes and outputs.
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in project activities, including the Technical and Steering Committees team, so that the process is inclusive, participatory and transparent
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian and security situation in target areas and adjust activities accordingly.
- Ensure field supervision of the project operations in order to ensure the project is implemented in line with planned activities and expected outcomes.
- Collect, update and share information related to project progress with Response Manager
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of the outputs as well as timely preparation of reports on achievements and challenges faced within the project;
- Maintain regular communication and visits for project sites to ensure that the project achieves the goal.
- Ensure timely submission of work plans and budget forecasts to Response Manager.
- Follow up on financial liquidation/settlement/ reports according to GPON and donor’s procedures and submit spending reports for review and approvals.
- Ensure that all GPON and key donor compliance rules and regulations are adhered to.
Coordination, Communication and Reporting:
- Contribute to documentation of technical/program approaches, lessons learned, and success stories
- Establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with government, institutions, partner organizations, and local NGOs in target areas.
- Attend working groups and task force meetings on national/ local levels as required.
- Ensure adequate and accurate reporting of data on Activity Info, internal databases, and Sitreps.
- Draft and input into weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for both internal and external purposes.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, International Relations (Master’s Degree is an asset) or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a humanitarian context
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in project coordination, management, lobbying and advocacy, and meaningful youth participation
- Strong experience in Education in emergency programming
- Experience in networking with CSOs and relevant governmental institutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of:
- The context in NE Nigeria particularly on issues affecting children education.
- Local laws in Nigeria relating to human rights, children’s rights and gender equality.
- Global minimum standards, GBV, Child Protection principles, and INEE Standards.
- Adherence to GPON’s Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct/Prevention of Sexual Abuse & Exploitation (PSEA), and other relevant humanitarian standards and policies.
- Strong commitment to safeguarding and gender policies both inside and outside the workplace.
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to deliver trainings.
- Strong character traits, including team work, striving for high performance, emotional stability, resilience, adaptability, and ability to handle stress, strong initiative and self-motivation, cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
Level of Contact With Children:
- Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children.
- Travel is estimated at 70%.
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the very heart of everything that GOALPrime stands for. We want GPON to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply