John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI’s mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. For 35 years, Boston-based JSI and our affiliates have provided high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 106 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices, with more than 500 U.S.-based professionals and 1,600 host country staff. JSI is deeply committed to improving the health of individuals and communities worldwide. We work in partnership with governments, organizations, and host-country experts to improve quality, access and equity of health systems worldwide. We collaborate with government agencies, the private sector, and local nonprofit and civil society organizations to achieve change in communities and health systems.
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Project Management
- The MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE) project is part of a suite of innovative awards funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to holistically improve family planning and maternal and child health in partner countries around the world.
- The project applies best practices and explores innovations to increase equitable immunization coverage in USAID-supported countries around the globe. It works to build countries’ capacity to identify and overcome barriers to reaching zero-dose and underimmunized children and older populations with life-saving vaccines and other integrated health services. M-RITE works at multiple levels and in alignment with global strategies such as the Immunization Agenda 2030 and Gavi 5.0.
- The project also contributes to ongoing global efforts to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on immunization services and support countries to prepare for and introduce vaccines against COVID-19 once they are available. In Nigeria M-RITE works to strengthen routine immunization (RI) services in M-RITE-supported counties and supports COVID-19 vaccine rollout at the national level, with targeted support at the county level.
- The Program Associate is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation for a portfolio of M-RITE program by coordinating technical, administrative and logistic support for assigned programs.
- The Project Associate supports technical planning and workplan development, the collection and sharing of information and preparation of reports, and other needed operational support to ensure quality and timely assistance is provided to advance COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
Provide technical support to Program Team Leaders:
- Assist the preparation, writing and monitoring of the Annual Workplan and budget for assigned programs.
- Support the timely completion of Country and Technical Reports such as Quarterly Progress Reports, Technical Briefs, Trip Reports and M&E Reports documenting program achievements and results.
- Assist in preparing presentations and organizing technical meetings.
- Represent M-RITE at technical meetings, seminars, and debriefings. Report and share key information with colleagues in HQ and Field.
- Represent the country Team Leader or senior technical advisor in their absence to provide needed support to advance the program including convening meetings, approving expenditure and managing day to day operations.
- Assist in the development of training and other performance improvement materials.
Provide support for short-term technical assistance (STTA) and contracted services:
- Support the preparation of clear, well written Statements of Work for all STTA’s and contracted services (Purchase Orders, subcontracts and vendor agreements).
- Prepare Request Forms and submit to the Contracts and Procurement office for action. Support procurement process as requested.
- Assist in identifying and recruiting qualified technical experts for short-term assignments.
- Provide support to selected technical experts on assignments by providing needed briefings and making needed logistical arrangements, monitor and ensure technical deliverables are completed in a timely manner and are of acceptable technical quality, and provide other support needed to help ensure the SOW is completed successfully.
- Assist in monitoring progress and performance for Purchase Order and vendor.
Provide administrative and financial support to assigned Country Office:
- Serve as point of contract in the HQ for Field Office for operational and administrative support.
- Ensure regular and responsive communication is maintained with the country Office, and that HQ support is effectively supporting the Country Team and program implementation.
- Process monthly wire requests ensuring M-RITE prerequisite documentation requirements have been met, reviewing the requested costs for technical appropriateness and completeness, and approving the wire request.
- Assist with budget monitoring.
- Maintain print and electronic HQ Program files such as topical and chronological files, technical reports, training materials and others as required.
- Assisting with compilation, packaging, and shipping of materials needed for field activities.
- Support booking of travel, accommodations, conference rooms for different workshops/training and meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of experience working in the field of international health or development is required; Masters preferred.
- Experience working with or backstopping USAID-supported or international projects.
- Proven administrative, managerial and organizational skills.
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office Suite applications, specifically MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- English fluency required.
Commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
- Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified. JSI offers competitive salary and benefits.
- No phone calls please.
- Principals only please.
Interested and qualified? Go to John Snow Inc – JSI on careers.jsi.com to apply