TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrator – TAAP/DQAQC
Requisition Number: PROJE002899
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Reports to: Program Manager (TAAP/DQAQC)
- The Project Administrator will support the team with logistics, administrative backstopping, workshop events and day-to-day support.
Program / Practice / Department Overview
- The one-year Technical Assistance Accelerator Prelude (TAAP) investment will lay the foundation for a potential five-year Technical Assistance Accelerator (TAA) program main grant to increase relevant and sustained large-scale coverage of fortified foods. Under the initial TAAP, TechnoServe will develop, implement, and refine the model for the larger TAA program: establishing a PPP platform; building and managing relationships with private sector partners; and developing scalable tools and program elements. It will also serve as an opportunity to explore industry-owned innovations in the enabling environment for food fortification that harness digitalization.
- The vision for the TAA, is a public-private partnership (PPP) with Fortification Partners providing technical assistance (TA) and high-quality inputs to over 100 national food processors per year in 9 countries, helping to close gaps in their motivation and ability to comply with national fortification regulations.The TAA will set up a platform to link these Fortification Partners with specific local food processors, matching Fortification Partners’ technical expertise and strategic interests with the identified capability gaps of the TA recipients. The TAAP will focus on 6 countries namely, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria, of which India, Kenya and Nigeria will serve as operational nodes.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Coordinate meetings with project team, consultants and country office staff.
- Arrange meeting rooms, drafts and disseminates meeting agendas, prepares briefing notes and where necessary takes meeting minutes which may include preparing and disseminating materials as instructed.
- Organize meetings and workshops for the project, including travel arrangements and security.
- Draft correspondence including reports, contracts, and other administrative documents.
- Assume responsibility for document filing and develops office administrative procedures as required.
- Respond to general inquiries to the field office.
- Manage timesheet entries and maintains timesheet records.
- Oversee transportation and vehicle management; coordinates domestic travel arrangements for the project team.
- Day-to-day facilities management of the office, developing and maintaining good relationship with suppliers
- Supervise support staff such as drivers, security guards, and cleaners
- Manage procurement as per TechnoServe’s procurement policy and national standards, liaising with the Operations team.
- Work with the TechnoServe Nigeria financial accountant to implement all financial management policies and procedures
- Prepare accounts payable documents (e.g. invoices, payment requests) for approval
- Ensure all documents are filed and maintained for auditing purposes
- Manage payment of office bills and petty cash and ensures that receipts are kept for all expenses.
- Perform small-scale procurement, ensuring adequate stocks of all necessary supplies (e.g. stationery, water, etc.)
- Monitor travel and expenses reporting by all project team members, including processing expense claim forms.
These are the requirements that any qualified candidate must meet. Typically includes:
- Minimum of 2 years of documented experience in an administrative /office management role preferably in an NGO/INGO
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institute in Business Administration or relevant social science related field.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to develop well written and cohesive reports
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This section should highlight the competencies that would make a candidate successful in the role such as:
- Good knowledge of operational processes in NGOs.
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Ability to approach work with energy and a positive constructive attitude.
- Self-starter, energetic, and friendly
- Comfortable with new ways of thinking, working with clear communication.
- Maintains integrity and personal reputation
- Passionate about knowledge learning and sharing.
- None directly attached to this position
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online