The Foundation for Refugee Economic Empowerment (FREE) is a purpose-driven humanitarian and development non-governmental organization that implements a range of portfolio through purposeful partnerships. FREE builds bridges for improved lives for people affected by calamity. Our mission is to support people affected by natural and man-made disasters, especially those who have suffered displacement to be able to get back their lives and livelihoods in no time.
We work also with underserved communities to ensure that they have basic facilities and services. Over the past 7 years, working closely with government, civil society and private sector partners, FREE has reached more than 1,000,000 beneficiaries across Nigeria with assistance in Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food and Livelihood Assistance, Health and Nutrition Support, Education in emergency, among others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme M & E Officer
Duration: This role is open for an initial 10 months and may be renewed based on available funding/satisfactory assessment.
- The post holder will contribute to the delivery of effective and high- quality humanitarian assistance to new and ongoing crises as part of FREE’s portfolio.
- The position is responsible for overseeing programme implementations across portfolio.
About the Position
- The Programme M&E leads all planning processes and under the guidance of the Response Coordinator, guides implementation at all levels contributes to the development and strengthening of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems, including learning and accountability and generation of reliable data for results- based management of the project overall
- To strengthen project implementation develops and regularly updates monitoring / performance measurement with staff, such as quality benchmarks and indicator and performance tracking for FREE and partners’ projects monitors relevant context related indicators and triggers relevant actions for the project operations undertakes
- Oversees regular field monitoring and evaluation visits with field staff to check technical and operational compliance and timely execution of project activitiess vis-à-vis approved plans
- Targets supports the development of improved management information system promptly respond to all critical site/project issues addressed as directed by the Response Coordinator support in preparing high-quality monthly, quarterly, and annual programme implementation reports, documentation, and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned support programme staff to collect and analyze indicators/data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- A Master’s Degree or relevant qualification is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years post first degree professional experience required.
- Experience working in diverse environments including Northeast Nigeria is an added advantage.
- 5 years of professional experience as Programme Officer or MEAL expert in a similar organization.
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Experience working in the Northeast Nigeria humanitarian response would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including team building, coordination, and networking at all levels.
- Excellent spoken and written English. Great command of Hausa would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including team building and strong coordination
- Ability to plan and be organized work independently
- High integrity standards
- Highly motivated and willing to work the extra mile.
Application Closing Date
4 PM: 6th November, 2022.
9th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their recent CV along with a Cover Letter (no more than a page) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Any employment with FREE could be subject to the following checks:
- Screening clearance
- Criminal records check
- Receipt of satisfactory references.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Do NOT apply for more than one position. Existing FREE staff are eligible to apply.
Our Values and Commitment to Safeguarding:
- FREE is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom FREE engages.
- FREE expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
- We may request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.