Position Title: Programme Finance Assistant
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Job classification: General Staff/ G-5
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Closing date: 04 October 2022
Salary: Php 638,273.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall guidance of the Head, Project Monitoring Unit and the direct supervision of the PMU Project Monitoring Officer, the Programme Finance Assistant will provide finance and administrative support to the Project Monitoring Unit. He/she will be given financial planning, monitoring, analysis, and reporting tasks, statistical reporting, and administrative support functions related to the global programmes monitored by the Project Monitoring Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities Financial Monitoring and Reporting
- Generate financial and statistics reports.
- Prepare quarterly and annual expense reports in the donor required format.
- Review and analyze actual expense versus approved budget.
- Prepare the reconciliation of quarterly expenditure report against accounting system balance for interest computation.
- Review monthly project expense as well as revenue transactions, to ensure correct account codes and project codes used, and monitor expenses against approved budget.
- Assist in the staff cost (projectization) monitoring and other staffing review.
- Review and clean-up of long outstanding commitments.
- Communicate with IOM field offices, MAC and HQ regarding budgetary and expense issues. Monitor office response and continuously follow-up unresolved issues.
Annual and Mid-year Budget Preparation
- Review and analyze budget requests submitted by IOM field offices, highlighting major changes compared to previous year’s budget and previous year’s actual expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget package for submission to donor.
- Prepare supporting schedules, analysis, and review materials for management and HQ
- Review revised budget submitted by IOM field offices and assist in the preparation of consolidated budget.
- Assist in the upload of budgets into the system.
- Prepare year-end schedules and reporting requirements for submission to HQ.
- Update the work instructions manual relevant to the tasks assigned, subject to review of supervisor.
- Provide assistance to staff assigned to other global projects managed by the unit.
- Create new project codes in the system.
- Review and summarize all issues encountered in creating new project codes in the system and relay to supervisor.
- Provide general administrative support related to the preparation of budget and donor reporting packages, and ensuring timely dispatch of reports to HQ units, project managers, and the donor.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
- University degree in Accounting from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in the field of accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, or auditing
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent
- Experience in audit an advantage
- Sound knowledge of SAP accounting systems, generally accepted accounting principles, and internal controls, an advantage
- Ability to write narrative reports and variance analysis reports, draft correspondence and communicate effectively in English
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks under time constraints
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via IOM Philippines jobsite not later than 04 October 2022 with reference code VN 065/2022 Programme Finance Assistant.
For further information, refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0652022-vn-0652022-programme-finance-assistant-g-5-manila-global-administrative-centre
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.