The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Pharmacy, Public-Private Mix (PO Pharmacy, PPM) – TB-LON 3 Project
Department: Prevention, Care and Treatment
Reports to: PM PPM TB-LON 3
About the Project
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centred TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
- The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
- The Program Officer Pharmacy will be responsible for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness and any adverse/side effects of pharmaceutical products, as well as overseeing the logistics of medicines and commodities.
- S/he will ensure the deployment of a robust logistics management information system to aid availability of medicines and commodities and prompt reporting.
- Facilitate the availability of government supplied TB medicines and commodities in the private sector
- Provide technical support to TB PPM Providers for the logistics management of anti-TB commodities in all IHVN-supported States
- Monitor drug distribution to facilities by the third party logistics (3PL) agent;
- Build the capacity of Intermediary Organization (IO) network officers on Logistics Management Information System (LMIS)
- Conduct supportive supervision and provide on-the-job mentoring to TB PPM Providers on timely and accurate generation, collation and submission of logistics reports to ensure uninterrupted supply of drugs and commodities
- Conduct data verification, validation and logistics data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
- Generate project logistics reports and tracking of project M&E indicators, including stock status, commodities storage condition, logistics activities and warehousing maintenance and other monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly and supportive supervision reports
- Enhance collaboration between public and private TB Stakeholders by coordinating the TB state stakeholders in logistics mentoring and supportive supervision to the supported facilities
- Train and mentor facility Focal Persons on adherence counseling skills/techniques
- Build capacity of facility staff to be able to detect, assess, understand, prevent and report Adverse Drug Reactions or any drug related problem, as well as proper documentation and completion of the NAFDAC ‘yellow form’ for any ADR encountered for submission to NAFDAC/ NTBLCP
- Develop and maintain a logistics information database for all TB PPM Providers;
- Attend program review meetings for giving and receiving feedback during network meetings on a monthly basis
- Other duties assigned by the Regional Pharmacist and Technical Director PPM
- A University Degree in Pharmacy; a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in Pharmaceutical care and logistics
- Proficiency in the use and management of electronic logistics management tools and database
- Experience in TB program or related health service program implementation in Nigeria, especially in the private sector
- Experience working in large scale donor-funded projects, particularly USAID is required
- A good understanding of the National TB Program logistics management information system.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel and Project Management tools.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management, coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Strong networking and representational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “The Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.