- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Under the overall guidance of the COM, the Head of Sub Office & Emergency Coordinator in Maiduguri, the direct supervision of the DTM Coordinator in Maiduguri & the technical supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Maiduguri, the successful candidate will be responsible & accountable for assisting with the establishment, implementation, data monitoring & reporting of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Transhumance Tracking Tool (TTT) operational activities.
- In the framework of the project “conflict mitigation & community reconciliation in northwest Nigeria,” assist in establishing the DTM Transhumance Tracking Tool (TTT) in Nigeria to identify early warning signals of potential farmers herders conflicts & analyze transhumance trends.
- Within the scope of the TTT, contribute to the development / adaptation of methodologies & standardized tools (e.g., survey database design, population movement tracking systems, etc.) that fit the context & meet the information needs of the project’s partners (our client, CDD, Mercy Corps), the govt. & other stakeholders.
- Consolidate guidelines & lessons learned & collaborate with the various stakeholders working on mitigating conflict over natural resources between farmer & herder communities in Katsina & Kaduna states.
- Follow up on logistical & administrative arrangements for TTT implementation & reporting, cooperate with national, state & local authorities.
- Update work plans, expenditures & budget allocations.
- Provide information & assist with arrangements required for the recruitment of project staff.
- Provide direct & remote technical guidance to national / field staff & Enumerators, as per project needs.
- Monitor staff activities to facilitate quality control & adherence to the methodology & the timeframe.
- Contribute to developing & delivering training on the methodology & operations to our clients field staff & project partners in collaboration with DTM technical staff in northeast Nigeria & other relevant units in the country mission.
- Contribute to developing & introducing systems for improved data gathering & management for operations relevant to tracking herder & farmer communities.
- Provide preliminary analysis of available data & generate regular reports & other information outputs of TTT results for subsequent dissemination to govt. counterparts & other partners.
- Ensure that donor reporting information & schedules are available.
- Maintain & support relationships with state & local authorities, service providers & other partners to adequately implement the TTT activities at the state & local level & improve the quality & relevance of information analysis.
- Provide relevant & timely TTT information products & overall project deliverables as well as other units in our clients operations in Nigeria for their convenient start up, implementation, monitoring & evaluation & reporting on their various programming components on community stabilization & conflict affected populations in Nigeria.
- Contribute to identifying other project ideas on community stabilization in Nigeria, attending relevant meetings & negotiations with donors & updating colleagues regularly.
- Participate in relevant meetings & undertake duty travel relating to project implementation & assessment, liaison with counterparts & internal data collection, monitoring & reporting procedures.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- This role works under the overall guidance of the COM, the Head of Sub Office & Emergency Coordinator in Maiduguri, the direct supervision of the DTM Coordinator in Maiduguri & the technical supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Maiduguri.
- Master’s Degree in Information Management, Politics, Economics or Social Science, International Law, Humanitarian Affairs or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant professional experience or a University Degree in the above fields with 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in developing & implementing data collection activities in all stages (objectives, sampling, methodology, forms, training, data set up, data cleaning, collaboration with partners, analysis & reporting).
- Experience in the field of community stabilization & peacebuilding activities.
- Experience at the international level with specialized international agencies (UN agencies, international organizations & specialized international NGOs) & in ongoing conflict settings.
- Experience working in the region & specifically in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Knowledge of UN, international organizations & NGOs mandates & programs in transition & recovery, emergency & conflict affected populations.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the organization.
- Excellent communication & writing skills with the ability to analyze complex problems & identify & convey precise, rapid solutions.
- Strong general analytical skills.
- Fluency in English is required (oral & written).
- Fluency in Hausa language is desirable.
- Inclusion & respect for diversity respect & promote individual & cultural differences, encourage diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintain high ethical standards & act consistently with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Delivering results produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision & assists others in realizing & developing their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
- Work strategically to realize the organization’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Contract duration – 6 months with possibility of extension.