We are established to effect attitudes, skills and behaviour on teens and older adult through providing evidence based, state-of-the-art and relevant strategies, services and programs to empower vulnerable persons, and also promote lifestyle and norms that discourage alcohol and other drug abuse.
- Location Ebonyi
About the job
ICHAD Foundation (International Community for Healthy Alternatives to Drugs) was formed to primarily create healthy alternatives to drug use and abuse. We proudly boast that since inception, we have satisfied this need through the introduction of a wide array of programs.
We are established to effect attitudes, skills and behaviors on teens and older adult through providing evidence based, state-of-the-art programs that empower vulnerable persons, and also promote lifestyle and norms that discourage alcohol and other drug abuse, with our mantra as…a drug free society.
We are innovative and a creative non-profit organisation saddled with the responsibility to help adolescencent and young adults stay away from drug use and abuse that leads to disengagement and low academic achievement, by creating personalized, program-based learning environments and life skills.
ICHAD Foundation has expanded to the south eastern part of Nigeria, with office in Ebonyi state, Nigeria.
- The Program Officer will support and guide program implementation of project activities in the state.
- The Program Officer will work to ensure that all program activities are implemented efficiently, timely and in line with the values of the organization.
- S/he will work as part of the organization’s program team and assist in developing program strategy, drafting program proposals and reports, supporting the monitoring and evaluation efforts, and overseeing activity budgets.
- The Program Officer performs these functions according to direction provided by the ED
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination and implementation of the Foundation’s program activities (trainings, meetings, workshops, conferences, seminars) and other events according to program requirements.
- Conceptualize, research, and design new program interventions consistent with the Foundation’s program objectives and tailored to that region.
- Provide efficient and timely action on administrative and financial matters, written assignments and submission of reports.
- Build, manage relationships and communicate with civil society organizations, relevant government parastatals, local partners, and members of the public on behalf of the organisation
- Mobilize program participants, the media and stakeholders for events and program
- Update and maintain program files and program participants’ contacts for monitoring and evaluation activities for internal reporting.
- Travel independently and/or as part of a team, to various locations throughout Nigeria to support and represent the organisation.
- Other duties assigned by immediate supervisor and/or on behalf of the organization
- The Program Officer will be assigned to tasks related to the implementation of project activities, including coordinating technical assistance, supporting the deployment of assessments and surveys, and organizing workshops and special events.
- S/he will be responsible for providing timely weekly and monthly reporting of intervention activities to the ED.
- MUST reside in Ebonyi
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office suite and database management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Resume / CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title (e.g., Program Officer – Ebonyi) as the subject of the email.