We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: MCC Country Representative
Term: 1 year renewable
Date Required: November 2022
Full Time Equivalent: 1.0
Duties / Responsibilities
The Program Manager is tasked with the responsibility of project development, management, and reporting and will discharge these functions thus:
- Ensure partner’s financial review
- Develop, and strengthen management roles.
- Provide assistance to partners on concepts and proposals writing/developments.
- Assist partners in preparing, collating, and editing all their reports.
- Provide regular training of partners on various aspects of Project cycle management.
- Ensure timely submission of partners reports (both financial and narrative) in line with MCC timelines.
- Ensure all partners’ yearly MOUs are updated.
- Act as program leadership point person in the absence of the MCC Nigeria Rep
- Provide program/management support as requested by the Rep, e.g., Program planning and budget
- Assist with improving MCC Nigeria social media
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the MCC Representative in Nigeria
- The Programme Manager serves as the operational link between MCC Nigeria and its various partners.
- S/he will be responsible for providing support on programme methodologies, design, implementation, and evaluation of partners projects to ensure high-quality standard.
- The holder will support capacity building and training needs for partners through accompaniment, as well as assess new partners appropriateness.
- S/he will collaboratively work with PMER Officers and other staff to effectively enhance MCC Nigeria programmatic framework.
- Degree in Development Studies, Project Management, Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology, or related fields.
- Good English speaking, reading, and writing skills and fluency in Hausa is desirable
- At least 5 years of experience in program coordination and management position.
- Training and/or experience in results-based management (RBM) principles, tools, and techniques will be an added advantage
- Strong organizational, good relational and communication skills that allow him/her to engage across cultural and linguistic boundaries.
- Competency with Microsoft Office software and database reporting.
- Ability and willingness to travel in all project locations occasionally.
- Proficiency in Driving and must possess a valid Driver’ Licence
- This position is based in Jos, Plateau State, in central Nigeria. Travel may include moving into other parts of northern Nigeria. Travel is by vehicle, public transportation, and occasionally by air.
- Representatives and MCC workers live with a certain level of insecurity. This relates to both the general unstable peace of Plateau State in which Jos is located, and also the increase in crime due to high unemployment and economic hardships.
- Driving in Nigeria is a risk managed by keeping vehicles well maintained and driving defensively at all times.
- MCC continues to assess and work on issues of security but also continues to rely on Nigerian neighbors and colleagues for advice and support.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and their Resume / CV combined in a single PDF document to: [email protected]using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Please remember to indicate in the subject the position you are applying for. In addition, enter basic information about yourself on the Google form
- Applications not following these instructions will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active church membership; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.