Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
- The Home food fortification project seeks to provide MNPs to caregivers of eligible children 6 – 23 months (approximately 55,000) in urban slums of select area councils in the FCT through Integrated Community Outreaches and to increase the capacity of frontline health workers and community volunteers to distribute MNPs and support and data management through the use of digital/mobile platforms.
- The purpose of this role is to support the project management and technical work which includes; the development of work plans, stakeholder engagement, documentation, monitoring, research, and other implementation activities.
Dimension of the Role
- The post holder will contribute to the execution of all project deliverables in collaboration with and through project staff and other units at Plan International Nigeria.
- The post holder will also be responsible for documentation; reports, work plans, commodities distribution summaries and social media groups management on the project.
- Support project coordination and monitor project implementation.
- Support development, implementation and monitoring of work plans and budgets.
- Liaise with the project participants, health facilities, community and local authorities in the selection of project sites/wards, and commodity distribution as per the project design.
- Represent the organization and actively participate in planning and coordination meetings.
- Prepare project documentation including activity, monthly and quarterly project reports on implementation, and contribute to the final narrative reports as per donor requirements.
- Support the Administrative team in developing ad hoc staff agreement documents and contracts
- Facilitate the development and compilation of comprehensive draft monitoring and Evaluation reports.
- Participate in project research processes.
- Provide regular updates to Plan technical team to inform Programme decisions.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of good working relationships with the relevant State actors, community leaders, women groups, partners and other stakeholders.
- Provide support to country office programmes
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the project coordinator.
Administration and Finance:
- Support the project to ensure that all finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Participate in budget preparation and in ensure spending and forecasts are in line with plans.
- Ensure that reliable communications/information management facilities are established and maintained.
- Ensure to use of procedures and relevant protocols of Plan International Nigeria that are necessary for carrying out the project activities.
- Support the timely and appropriate use of all procurement and logistics infrastructure for the effective implementation of project activities.
Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Health or Development-related fields, or any other relevant course.
- Two (2) years of work experience in social development, health-related community interventions, productive involvement with local partners, including government, traditional leadership, and civil society.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate.
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress
- Good written and spoken English language skills.
- Basic financial and administrative skills
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet usage.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within the team and with stakeholders,
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Strong commitment to continuous learning.
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ and problem-solving approach
- Actively seeks support in addressing difficulties in the execution of duties.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.