We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Area Coordinator, Nigeria
Reference Code: AC/NIA
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Fixed term | 12 months | ASAP
You will be in charge of:
- The Area Coordinator is responsible for representing ACTED`s interests with local authorities, donors, beneficiary communities and other key stakeholders.
- The Area Coordinator is member of the senior management team and works to ensure program quality and operational implementation, as well as growth where appropriate and feasible, and strong representation.
- The Area Coordinator directly supervises Project Managers ensuring that projects and programs address beneficiary needs and are implemented according to ACTED’s global strategy, donor guidelines, approved work plans and budgets.
- The Area Coordinator also oversees day-to-day operations and security in the respective area.
- Context analysis
- Strategy Implementation
- Networking, positioning and general representation:
- Proposal development
- Promotion of ACTED network
Management and Internal Coordination:
- Staff Management
- Internal Coordination
Project Implementation Follow-up:
- Project Implementation Tracking
- Project Quality Control
- Partner Management
- Finance Management
- Logistics & IT Management
- Administration and HR Management
- Transparency/Compliance Management
- Security Management
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- University Education in a relevant field such as International Development, Emergency Operations, Humanitarian Programming, Technical Degree in Camp Management, or the like.
- Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development programmes.
- Base management skills preferred (HR, Finance, Logistcis);
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience, preferably including security management.
- Proven capabilities in leadership and team management required;
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms.
- Salary between 3100 and 3500€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (CV and Letter of Motivation) to: [email protected] using the Reference “AC/NIA” as the subject of the email.
Note: ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.