Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
Under the direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO) and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in close coordination with relevant units at Headquarters (HQ), Administration Centres in Manila (MAC) and Panama (PAC) and team leads in the Country Office, the incumbent will perform procurement duties in the IOM UK office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Prepare and implement Mission’s logistics (procurement, facilities maintenance, assets administration, transport support) strategic plan to support the implementation of various programmes, ensuring adequate and timely response to the demands of the Mission.
2. Plan logistics tasks and activities, including budgeting, scheduling and provision of materials and equipment needed by the Mission. Prepare regular progress reports, statistical information and briefing materials as required.
3. Prepare and implement supplier accreditation and evaluation process to ensure availability of a pool of reliable vendors and contractors to address the needs of the Mission and its programme implementation. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
4. Prepare and implement permanent instructions of procurement, contracting and asset administration that are compliant to IOM’s general instructions, policies and procedures. Organize and maintain systems and procedures for procurement/contracting of supplies, equipment, services needed by the Mission.
5. Maintain up-to-date inventories and tracking systems for fast-moving goods and for fixed assets. Prepare and implement appropriate internal control mechanisms to safeguard assets and ensure adequate insurance coverage for IOM assets and property.
6. Work with programme management and technical staff in preparing and issuing call for bids and bidding documents for tenders for all projects in the Mission. Ensure proper bidding of all tenders is done transparently and in accordance with the set rules and regulations as specified under the IOM Field Procurement Manual.
7. Serve as a resource person to programme management to ensure that all bidding and contracting process of the programmes are compliant to the Mission’s permanent instructions.
8. Implement contract tracking and administration system to ensure proper tracking and monitoring of contracts/agreements procured by the Mission. Draft contract agreements and ensure that proper coordination with the Legal Unit in Geneva adhered to prior to any engagement to the contracting party.
9. Provide support in other logistic services, including maintenance of office space fixtures and equipment, liaison with relevant bodies regarding rent and rates and other common support services at the Mission.
10. Whenever possible ensure sustainable procurement for all our goods and services.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
How to apply
Please visit our website for more details on how to apply: