Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading Non-Governmental and Not-for-Profit Organization established in 1989 by two eminent and reputable Nigerians who are the most prominent advocates of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) and Family Planning (FP) programming in Nigeria. ARFH, a Nigerian fully indigenous, Non- Governmental, and Not-for-Profit organization had implemented projects across the 36+1 states of Nigeria on cross cutting programs including Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health plus Nutrition Investment Case (RMNCAH+N), Family Planning (FP), Global fund grants on HIV, TB and Malaria as Prime & Sub recipient, USAID grants on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) among others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PMTCT and CECAP Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time
- Work with the PMTCT/CECAP Advisor to facilitate access of pregnant women and promote regular attendance at the antenatal clinic
- Work with the PMTCT/CECAP Advisor to facilitate the scale up implementation of PMTCT program across selected PHCs in LGAs of intervention
- Ensure that non-hospital delivery will be identified for prompt referral for HTS through the community leaders.
- Support the mapping of all TBAs, maternity homes and prayer houses where delivery takes place and hold meeting with them on the areas of collaboration.
- Support facility level implementation and clinical mentoring of healthcare workers on increasing demand for PMTCT and Cervical cancer screening uptake
- Supervise the activities of trained testers conducting HTS using various community structures to increase case findings of HIV positive pregnant women.
- Ensure all HIV positive pregnant women or mothers identified at the community level are supported through assisted referrals for treatment in designated health facilities
- Increase the awareness and uptake of Cervical Cancer Screening among WLHIV enrolled on the ACE cluster 4 Project through innovative approach at the Facility and community. Provide strategic direction, technical oversight, and ensure appropriate support for the development and implementation of program activities in Cervical Cancer prevention.
- Work with the PMTCT/CECAP Advisor to ensure all HIV positive pregnant women undergo routine laboratory investigations and ensure that all positive pregnant women are linked to treatment
- Ensure aggressive linkage to prevention services for at risk clients including AGYW, women of reproductive age and PBFW. This will include integrated PrEP services within the ANC/PNC.
- Ensure that HEIs are provided with single or dual ARV prophylaxis to prevent transmission of HIV from mother to child.
- S/he will ensure that EID testing is used to identify infected children at birth using NAT based on the new 2020 HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment.
- Work out logistics to ensure ARV prophylaxis are provided to expose babies as per guidelines for low risk babies and high-risk babies.
- Ensure all exposed babies are supported to receive immunization according to NPIs.
- All Positive mothers and their infants are linked to OVC services within the state of implementation who will support active tracking through assisted referrals from birth to the final outcome of the baby
- Implement strategies to improve Cervical cancer screening among women living with HIV
- Work with health facilities to ensure the ART and PMTCT clinics are used as screening hub for WLHIV using Visual Inspection with Acetic Acid (VIA).
- Strengthen Linkage of VIA positive for further diagnosis and appropriate treatment through effective referrals.
- Support training plans and facilitation of health care providers on cervical cancer prevention program and to build capacity of the health facility staffs to ensure the necessary equipment and supplies are available
- Supervise and mentor health care workers at sites implementing the program
- Build capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis
- Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation through routine monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports to ARFH National Office, CCCRN, the donor, and other reporting requirements as requested.
- Maintain excellent relationships with all partners
- Support the PMTCT/CECAP Advisor to prepare budgets, and work plans, particularly those pertaining to cervical cancer prevention program.
- Candidates should possess an MBBS and Master’s Degree in Public Health as added advantage
- Must have 4 – 6 years of professional experience in an integrated HIV Care and treatment, PMTCT, Cervical Cancer clinical and Programming experience
- Demonstrated experience training clinical or community-based healthcare workers on CECAP and other HIV prevention areas
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, leadership and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with individuals and teams in different cultural settings, and at all levels
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter inONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).