Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Work Location: Calabar with frequent movement to the field (Akor, Old Ndebeji, etc)
Contract: Fixed-term contract and working hours according to Nigerian Law
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
Job Description (Shortened)
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending on pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects.
- Essential Degree in Pharmacy, valid License and Registration with Pharmacy Council of Nigeria, licensed as a pharmacist in Nigeria
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a pharmacist with at least 1 year experience in a supervisory position.
- Fluent in reading and writing English
- Place of residence: Calabar
- Flexibility, organizational skills, teamwork, team management, stress management and commitment to humanitarian objectives and to MSF Principles.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
According to the MSF salary scale (Level7) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2022 – 02H:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their mandatory documents inclusive of Updated CV, Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV, Motivation / Cover Letter, Copy of Valid ID Card (NIN or Driver’s License or International Passport), Copy of work Certificates or any other important document in an A4 envelope size to MSF boxes at:
MSF WACA Calabar Office,
Plot 301, Block 6, Unit D,
Crospil Premier House Estate,
Calabar, Cross River State.
At Akor Or Old Ndebeji Primary Health Care Center.
E-mail applications should be sent to:[email protected] using “PHARMACY SUPERVISOR CALABAR” as the subject of the mail.
- Non-complaint or Late applications or hand delivery applications will Not be considered
- only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.