WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Job Title : Partnerships & Reporting Assistant
Type of Contract : SC
Level : SC5
Unit/Division : Donor Relations/Reports
Duty Station (City, Country): Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Duration of assignment: 12 months
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The Policy Unit is currently hiring an expert to provide support to programme and policy work related to climate crisis, adaptative social protection, resilience and disaster risk
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Partnerships & Reporting Unit, and in close collaboration with the communications unit and the various other units of the WFP Haiti team, the incumbent will support Government Partnerships and Operational Information Management activities.
The purpose of the position is to assist the Donor Relations & Reporting functional unit and contribute to the Unit’s internal and external outputs, including supporting the gathering of information, putting unit related systems in place and drafting internal and external briefs and documents.
- Proactively identify communications and reporting materials, such as briefs on specific programmes funded by a donor, that could be developed to increase donors’ visibility into and trust in our use of their funding.
- Support communication with donors, such as drafting thank you letters and assisting with planning donor meetings and field missions.
- Support to the partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work. Support partner visibility and ensure partner conditions are met.
- Solicit inputs, including operational updates, from other WFP.
- Support in the drafting of quality briefs and proactively highlight strategic issues to senior staff to inform best course of action and nurture partnership growth.
- Collate inputs from colleagues for proposals and reports, as well as for internal and external communications materials, e.g. briefs on WFP’s activities in Haiti and internal situation reports.
- Collate inputs for and create donor advocacy materials, such as advocacy one-pagers to highlight urgent funding needs.
- Supports the unit on administrative and knowledge management matters such as managing the External Relations & Reports tracking sheet, find relevant resource mobilization documentation on WINGS, schedule and coordinate meetings, draft letters as well as taking and disseminating meeting notes and action points.
- Support in report writing, compiling fact sheets, internal and external situation reports and other corporate reports.
- If required, support with contributing to OCHA and UN Bodies’ situation reports (ex. The UN RC).
- Perform any other tasks, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
University degree (Bachelors) in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications, or other relevant field.
Experience: Up to three years of professional work experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Has prepared briefs.
- Has a basic understanding of WFP and its functional units.
- Has developed effective relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Has motivated team spirit, is proactive and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English and French is a must.
Closing Date : December 12, 2022