The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
We seek applications from qualified persons for the position under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact in the capacity below:
Job Title: OSS Psychologist
- The main aim of the mental health program is to support the OSS in scaling up the mental health services in ECEWS / FHI 360 GF Optimizing Investments for Impact Project.
- Ensuring the provision of comprehensive, quality services to Key and vulnerable populations in the OSS Centre.
The incumbent will provide Clinical Psychology support through the performance of the following duties:
- Work within a multidisciplinary team in the OSS center according to the case management, biopsychosocial approach;
- Conduct screening and assessment of beneficiaries and develop individualized treatment and rehabilitation plans according to their needs;
- Provide psycho-education to beneficiaries and their families;
- Provide psychological support and counseling services to beneficiaries and their families; Provide family support when needed;
- Facilitate group therapy and support group sessions in coordination with the multidisciplinary team;
- Conduct home visits to provide further psycho-social support when needed;
- Organize community, rehabilitation and awareness activities for beneficiaries and their families in coordination with the multidisciplinary team;
- Attend and contribute to the weekly clinical supervision meeting;
- Ensure the complete and updated filing of beneficiary information, including follow-up visits and referrals.
- Assist in performing other tasks as requested.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The incumbent will work under the supervision of the OSS Clinician. The position regularly interacts with the Senior Program Officer (Key Population) and Zonal Team Lead/Senior Technical Officer.
- BA / BSc in Psychology (MA degree is preferred).
- At least 6 months experience working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Previous training on case management and/or bio-psychosocial approach is an asset.
- Experience in working with people with mental health issues as an added advantage
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing).
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” via: [email protected]
- Application must explicitly state your full names, the position of interest with preferred location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.