Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading Non-Governmental and Not-for-Profit Organization established in 1989 by two eminent and reputable Nigerians who are the most prominent advocates of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) and Family Planning (FP) programming in Nigeria. ARFH, a Nigerian fully indigenous, Non- Governmental, and Not-for-Profit organization had implemented projects across the 36+1 states of Nigeria on cross cutting programs including Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health plus Nutrition Investment Case (RMNCAH+N), Family Planning (FP), Global fund grants on HIV, TB and Malaria as Prime & Sub recipient, USAID grants on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) among others.
ARFH since inception consistently contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of rural poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged populations. ARFH has been at the fore-front of Health & community system strengthening, Human resource for health development in Nigeria, supporting the Government of Nigeria to advocate and domesticate health policies into implementation e.g. its task-shifting and task sharing policy through capacity building for all cadres of health care providers including Physicians, Nurse midwives, and CHEWs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Strategic Information Officer
Locations: Delta, Ekiti & Osun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Strategic Information Officer will report to and assist the Strategic Information Manager by ensuring data collection, entry into the EMR and other platforms is optimal.
- He will ensure that gaps are highlighted in the program implementation for reporting and correction.
- S/He will be involved in supervisory monitoring of project activities and provide capacity building support to the service providers in terms of the expeditious data collection and reporting as required by CDC.
- In addition, s/he will support the strengthening of the public private partnership at State and Local Government levels and provide guidance on implementing SI activities to ensure a strong and robust strategic information system in the State.
- S/He will provide technical supervision of M&E Officers working with CBOs implementing the Project. Oversee collection, storage, analysis and reporting of high quality data from the State project office to the HQ, and other key stakeholders.
- 100% of his/her time per annum is chargeable to the project.
- A Degree in Social Sciences or Medical field with at least 5 years in programming for OVC, health, education and sub granting. Also, preferred are knowledge of public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders. An MPH is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in Ms Office suite and M & E software: Stata, SPSS, NOMIS etc. is compulsory. Must be able to analyze data to inform program decisions.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).