Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: Country Director
Job Type: International
Start Date: ASAP
- We need an Operations Coordinator to manage country office operations staff and systems that support the administrative and operational needs of the office.
- The Operations Coordinator will provide in-country support in Human Resources, IT, Safety & Security, Procurement, and Inventory Management Systems, and will ensure the general compliance of the country office with relevant laws and regulations.
- The Operations Coordinator will work under the direction of the IPA Nigeria Country Director and will have significant collaboration with the Finance and Admin team.
- The Operations Coordinator will also liaise with the key Global Functional Teams led by the General Counsel, Chief Financial Officer, Chief People Officer, Senior Director of Technology, Senior Director of Global Operations, and others as required.
- Supervise procurement of goods and services in line with IPA procurement policy
- Oversee the general implementation and continuous refinement of IPA’s procurement systems, including online process flows.
- Assist in the review of agreements, MoUs, and contracts as required both as oversight to procurement processes and to review content in coordination with General Counsel and Country Director.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and other external bodies which serve the office as a whole, such as landlords, insurance carriers and brokers, local legal counsel, etc.
- Ensure IPA Nigeria’s registration is up to date and that it complies with all statutory requirements.
- Ensure IPA Nigeria complies with all Nigerian laws and regulations and all IPA Operations-related Global policies, all in coordination with IPA’s General Counsel, IPA Global Operations team, and IPA Nigeria’s lawyers.
Operations and Security:
- Work closely with the Country Director to define and implement IPA Nigeria’s long-term operational strategy in the areas of HR, IT, Procurement, Safety & Security, Office Management, and Compliance.
- Lead the development and implementation of annual strategic plans for all Operations functions.
- Continuously analyze and review internal controls, operational policies and procedures, and business processes and identify gaps for strengthening, training, and implementation.
- Provide input to and oversee the roll-out and implementation of global operations and administrative policies and procedures at the country office level.
- Be IPA Nigeria’s Safety & Security Focal Point.
- Lead the maintenance and management of the country risk register, and risk management in general.
- Work closely with the IPA Global and Regional ICT functional support teams to ensure the Nigeria office has a functioning ICT infrastructure and support.
- Ensure IPA Nigeria assets are properly managed and the asset register is up to date.
- Work closely with the IPA Global HR functional support team to manage country-level human resource needs in line with global and local policies.
- Provide timely information for payroll management to finance department.
- Plan and conduct orientation training for all new staff.
- Facilitate exit clearance in liaison with line managers and other departments and liaise with Finance Team to calculate terminal benefits and issue service certificates.
- In collaboration with the HR assistant, maintain an organized filing system and personal files for all staff that is UpToDate and well secured.
- Regularly update the HR Information Systems (HRIS) and prepare monthly and quarterly HR reports.
- Oversee and build the capacity of the Nigeria Operations team to execute routine operational processes and solve operational problems with minimal management intervention.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree-level education;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an NGO
- Experience managing compliance requirements for an NGO in Nigeria
- Experience with a wide range of donors
- Experience with operations support management
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- Strong communication skills and ability to represent an organization professionally
- Sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse organization
- Master’s Degree an added advantage
What We Offer
- We offer extensive benefits and an attractive remuneration package
- A culturally diverse organization that fosters teamwork and mutual support.
- Provide equal opportunities and constantly evolving career growth.
- An attractive amount of annual leave
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online