Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) is a Non-governmental, Non-for profit humanitarian/Developmental organization which started in 2014. We deliver assistance and protection to affected populations before, during and after crisis situations.
Job Reference: NGA-22/NIG/ERF/SAI/NGO/0014
Number required: 1
Job Reference NHF and other donor projects
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BSc. in Health/Nutrition related field
Contract Duration: 2 Months(Renewable)
- Develop/update as appropriate the overall Nutrition strategy in collaboration with local and national authorities, the nutrition cluster team and other relevant actors; Assess, verify, and map emerging assistance needs.
- Directly Implement the project with the assistance of Nutrition Assistant and Community Nutrition Volunteers
- Harmonization of all the activities report in all the two (2) LGAs to the Head of Programs on a monthly basis.
- Document and compile lessons learn and support the MEAL Officer on assessments, Monitoring and Evaluation of Project activities.
- The Education Officer will also be responsible for the project assessment, analysis, design, capacity building.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training community Nutrition volunteers, and Beneficiaries in the project locations.
- Identification and training of stakeholders and beneficiaries at the project locations.
- He/she will be responsible for supervising, training, and building the capacity of the Community Nutrition Volunteers, Primary and Secondary stakeholders,
- Carry out project community consultation for community entry.
- Develop training material for the training of community volunteers, Lead mothers, and Caregivers, pregnant, and Lactating Women on Tom Brown production, and IYC, and other training that may come concerning the project
- Identify and recruit community volunteers.
- Oversee the implementation of the project activities using the trained Community Nutrition Volunteers
- Develop key massages for beneficiary’s awareness and sensitization by the community nutrition Volunteers.
- Develop activity schedule to guide the community nutrition volunteers’ activities.
- Support and supervise the activities carried out by the Nutrition Assistant, CNVs and send weekly reports and consolidated monthly report.
- Responsible for the reporting of Nutrition sector 5Ws on a monthly basis.
- manage, maintain, and update the project data base
- Collect and send weekly reports and monthly consolidated reports
- Collect and compile lesons learnt and challenges from field locations.
- Support on project assessments, analysis and support the MEAL department of MEAL process and activities.
- Design, and carry out capacity building for deep field staff and beneficiaries (community nutrition volunteers and Caregivers, PLW, lead mothers, and mother to mother support group).
- Train, supervise, and technically support Nutrition Assistant and CNVs
- Observe and record trends and situation of project locations in terms of gaps and persons in Needs for future programming
- Provide weekly updates on challenges, progress to the head of programs in all locations of implementation.
- Collaborate with Nutrition focal persons in the two (2) locations of implementation to carry out selection, and training and workshops for teachers and community nutrition volunteers, other beneficiaries.
- Collaborate with community structures, local authorities to strengthen community IYCF
- Conduct monthly meeting with CNVs, Lead mothers and M2MSGs for need to support record challenges, update their knowledge on production of Tom Brown, and IYCF training, this will serve as a platform to discuss and address issues on the project.
- Carry out any relevant activities or tasks that you are call upon to.
Technical expertise, Skills, Knowledge, and competencies:
- University education or equivalent in Nutrition and dietaries, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience on implementing Nutrition projects in emergencies.
- Have worked before directly with malnourished children, PLW, Caregivers, and vulnerable population in deep field
- Good knowledge of the Nutrition Sector, and understand the nutrition, food security situation of the northeast Nigeria.
- Good knowledge of AAP, PSEA Policies, and the concept of Do No Harm, and good at working with vulnerable population especial in emergency settings, good knowledge of emergency preparedness, and relief management.
- Experience working in emergencies context.
- Must be a team player
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) on bit.ly to apply