HASKE HUMANITARIAN AID INITIATIVE (HHAI) is a women and youth driven organization established in the year 2022, and since its establishment to date, the organization has striven to continuously interface and engage with key stakeholders at all level to support in addressing gaps in the health sector, improve nutrition indices, and women’s agency, health, and socio-economic empowerment from the grassroot level which will provide an enabling environment and a robust healthy community. We strive for positive change in the way the community response to the health and socio-economic wellbeing of women, young adolescents, and children under 5 and to achieve an immediate and lasting change in their lives by providing the enabling environment. Across all our work, we pursue several core values: Honesty. Accountability, ambition, professionalism,
JOB TITLE: Nutrition officer and Assistant
Location: Adamawa and Bauchi State
Deadline: 14th November, 2022
The Nutrition officer and Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of HHAI NUTRITION program in Adamawa and Bauchi. The team will support the implementation and monitoring of all nutrition activities in the selected LGAs of Implementation in Bauchi and Adamawa State
- Provide key Nutrition education messages to beneficiaries based on the protocols and guidelines during sensitization.
- Follow up and ensure the field team interact with the beneficiaries and community leaders properly.
- Supervise activities of community health focal points, community volunteers in cluster LGAs.
- Work with MEAL team in beneficiary verification and contribute to various project Reports
- Ensure program approaches and implementation are sensitive to cultural and gender dynamics.
- Provide technical assistance LGA teams and Health Workers on nutrition, with a particular focus on development of effective methodologies to improve health and nutrition knowledge, attitudes, and practices.
- Conduct follow-up monitoring of nutrition-related activities and document findings to feed into improved programming
- Represent the organization at LGA and State meetings involving nutrition actors.
- Liaise and secure consent from the local authorities and beneficiary prior to intervention.
- Working in harmony with all other project staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the NUTRITION activities in Adamawa and Bauchi.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors when needed.
- Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization of community on NUTRITION activities.
- Follow up, inspect and ensure project material are delivered as per specified measurements at field level in timely way, and follow up those not delivered as per requisition.
- Identify, engage and interface with other Implementing partners for efficient and effective implementation of the activities.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
- Coordinate and participate in project startup/project closure workshops, baseline survey and end of Project Evaluation for the project as per project design and within the project implementation deadlines.
- Prepare project documentation including monthly project reports.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Nutrition and other relevant field especially Health, Public health, Environmental Health Science or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience, preferably in NUTRITION sector
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Very good understanding of NUTRITION policies, strategies and programs.
- Experience in community-based interventions.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa and other local languages desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: <Click https://bit.ly/3FOQfjK to apply online> OR send their Cover Letter and CV to “The Human Resources Officer (HHAI)” via: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the “Job Title” on the Subject of the mail.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to HHAI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.