Position Title: National Resource Management Officer
Duty Station: IOM Philippines Country Office (Surigao City)
Classification: National Officer Staff, Grade NO-A
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, three months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 28 June 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Manila and direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HSO) in Surigao, and with technical supervision provided by the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Manila, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions, including satellite offices managed by the Surigao Sub-Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage contracts such as Service Agreements and Project Implementation Agreements in compliance with IN99, including Checklist requirements, and any other instructions issued by LEG from time to time.
- Ensure the correctness of Procurement and Accounting documents, such as Requests for Payment (RFP), Purchase Orders (PO), Bids Analysis Summaries (BAS), TR Forms, Travel Expense Claims and other expense claims, by checking each document against the requirements contained in various IOM instructions and manuals.
- Manage the internal controls of the sub-office and satellite offices to ensure compliant procurement and accounting practices, by periodically reviewing the practices of each office against the internal controls requirements of IOM, in consultation with the Resource Management Officer.
- Implement proper segregation of duties in the accounting and procurement units of the sub-office and satellite offices, in support of the overall internal controls, by reviewing the duties of each staff member.
- Contribute to the creation of project budgets to support the development of new project proposals, by participating in the project development team.
- Contribute to the preparation of financial reports to support the Resource Management Officer, by participating in the population of report templates in PRIMA.
- Update the monthly salary projectization and report any required changes to the Human Resources Unit in Manila, ensuring that the monthly projectization is submitted on or before the 11th day of each month.
- Regularly review the bank account liquidity of the Metrobank bank account and request more funds as required to ensure that the account does not go into deficit, by completing a Request for Payment and submitting it to Manila Treasury Services.
- Suggest procedural improvements and train Resource Management colleagues in the relevant areas of procurement and accounting.
- Determine the projectization of common office costs in compliance with IOM’s policies, by applying the formula prescribed by the Financial Management Rules and Procedures (FMRP).
- Provide technical oversight of Resource Management functions in satellite offices to ensure that accounting and procurement practices are being performed correctly, traveling to those offices as needed.
- Manage the premises and provide direct supervision to the Surigao office utility worker.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Commerce/ Finance from an accredited institution.
- University Degree in the above fields from an accredited institution with two years of relevant professional experience in accounting or finance.
- Experience in IOM administrative and financial management, budget monitoring, cash management and internal control procedures.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis; and,
- Experience supervising the development and implementation of administrative control procedures.
- SAP or PRISM training an advantage.
- Training in procurement principles and/or practices an advantage.
- Completion of FMRP modules an advantage.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of any local language is desirable.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
This position should be filled only by candidates who are a national (Filipino Nationals) at the country of the duty station.
The position involves onsite work. The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page), a résumé highlighting the required education and experience, and a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit this link (four pages).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email@example.com not later than 28 June 2022. Position title and SVN Number (SVN 2022 018 – National Resource Management Officer) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.