Job Identification : 10361
Locations : Gaziantep, Turkey
Posting Date : 05/03/2023, 08:19 AM
Apply Before : 05/17/2023, 08:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : NOB
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience
Other Criteria : Practical experience with statistical software (i.e. SPSS, Stata), Experience using office software packages
Required Languages : Fluency in both written and spoken English and Turkish
Job Category : Humanitarian & Emergency Response
The Programme Analyst, M&E analyses and assesses relevant political, social and economic trends, guiding and facilitating the delivery of UNFPA’s programmes in terms of conducting and/or managing monitoring efforts and evaluations that are impartial, independent, credible and meet professional standards.
You will report to the UNFPA Head of Office, Humanitarian Coordinator.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within a large and complex Country Office (CO) environment, you will support the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of monitoring and evaluation. You will contribute to the promotion of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and reports and ensure that evaluation findings and recommendations are followed up and also contribute to the promotion of monitoring and evaluation functions.
You would be responsible for:
- Contributing to the planning, preparation and data collection process of various monitoring, self-assessment and evaluation exercises;
- Contributing to preparation for the evaluation of programmes and projects;
- Contributing in evaluation planning including preparation of Terms of Reference;
- Providing scheduling and logistical support for individual evaluations and evaluation or monitoring field visits;
- Supporting the application of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis tools, techniques and approaches;
- Keeping abreast of developments in the area of monitoring and evaluation including formal training on techniques and approaches.
- Participating in and contribute to the finalization of monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Contributing and suggesting indicators for monitoring frameworks to measure progress implementation of programmes and projects;
- Contributing to the development of specific and appropriate monitoring, self-assessment and evaluation tools and processes;
- Providing support to the development of training materials for national counterparts and implementing partners;
- Contributing to the appropriate presentation of monitoring and evaluation results for dissemination;
- Providing input into the relevance and ease of use of the various data-bases, intra- and internet pages of the UNFPA CO in Turkey;
- Contributing to in the monitoring of timely entering updates of the management response in the system and with follow up of progress reports and individual evaluations;
- Participating in meetings, workshops and other discussion fora to discuss the importance and usefulness of monitoring and evaluation results.
- Reviewing monitoring data, progress reports and evaluations for quality control purposes;
- Contributing to the preparation of quarterly progress monitoring updates and the country office annual report in myResults, including any progress and annual donor reports;
- Providing support/advice to project/programme managers in the conduct of monitoring, self-assessments and managing external evaluations.
- Liaising with programme and operations staff to collect progress data for production of quality programme updates, interim and final project reports as per donors and UNFPA requirements.
- Contributing to the progress review discussions held within the office and with national counterparts;
- Contributing to the documentation of successful experiences in monitoring and evaluation.
- Supervising staff members and individual consultants who contribute to the M&E function in the CO.
- Performing other related duties as required by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced degree Social science, economics, public administration or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years professional experience in the field of results based management (RBM), monitoring and evaluation, statistics and/or research methodologies
- Practical experience with statistical software (i.e. SPSS, Stata)
- Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
- Working experience in humanitarian programmes is an asset
- Knowledge of reproductive health and/or gender and/or protection is an asset
- Working experience with implementing partners and NGOs is an asset
- Working experience with an international organization is an asset
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods is an asset
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Turkish is required.
Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
Embracing cultural diversity,
Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
Thinking analytically and strategically,
Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
Communicating for impact
Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
Delivering results-based programmes
Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
Managerial Competencies (if applicable):
Providing strategic focus,
Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
Making decisions and exercising judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
The United Nations Population Fund offers you an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits. Staff members in National Officer Category that are locally recruited are compensated in accordance with the best prevailing conditions of service locally. You can learn more about tax exemption, allowances and benefits, holidays and leave, health insurance, and retirement pension of NO staff on the UN Careers website or the United Nations website”.